• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Proper 18th century royal navy tricorn + others

Lord_Kosmos

For King and Country!
Storm Modder
:ahoy there mateys,
me for myself loves to fight for the British Crown and wear some fitting gear. The best representation is, for me, the Hornblower cast and crew, and I love to add the uniforms to my officers (after I enabled them all in the tailor shop again ). But there is one thing that always bugged me, the hat. That and the fact that all models share the same base. So I reinstalled gm_viewer again, exported the models and fired up blender...which, to my shame, I never used before. I only fumbled with the original hat and morphed it to something more like the picture below:

hat002.jpg

Navy_1.PNG
Navy_2.PNG

But...now my question is...can someone import the model back in if I upload it here? I do not own Maya 3.0 for the re-import and, as far as I understood, this is the only proper way to get those models back into the right format.
I also intend to add some bicorns and mod the soldier version to be a bit smaller and less pointy. Maybe, it would also be possible to add the City of Abandoned Ships British Soldier Model?

Age-of-Pirates-2-City-of-Abandoned-Ships-PC-0.jpg

Attachments

• Navy_1.PNG
    Navy_1.PNG
    97.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Navy_2.PNG
    Navy_2.PNG
    51.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Age-of-Pirates-2-City-of-Abandoned-Ships-PC-0.jpg
    Age-of-Pirates-2-City-of-Abandoned-Ships-PC-0.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 483
I like the idea you have there. Not sure if its possible mind you but if it does go smoothly it'll be a great addition :D

I am like you in a sense i play for Britain and love historical accuracy where possible. Hornblower uniforms fit perfectly for Napoleonic era/Colonial era and i do the same as you regarding officers.

The model in COAS would be a nice change for the British soldier although not sure what restrictions/time period would fit it best :p Good luck

it looks interesting. Hope you get it to work.

Character models from AoP can (sometimes) be made to work in PotC. You could try with a CoAS model as well.

Back