• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

QA Tester Application

Dooku

Landlubber
Hi, my name's Vladimir, I would love to test this game and contribute to making it as awesome as possible, been waiting a looong time for a good game of the genre and finally, this is a breath of fresh air.
I speak English, Spanish and Roumanian fluently.
Specs of my PC are:

i7 4970 @ 3.6 4 cores
16 GB RAM @ 1666MHz
NVidia GTX970 4GB
SD drive + HD drive
OS Windows 10

Hope to be able to test out the Ultra Graphics settings for you guys ;)

Thanks for the opportunity!

Ahoy Vladimir, welcome aboard mate. When you get a chance, please download the latest demo, if you haven't already, and post a review in this thread. Please include any issues that you find, and please follow the tutorial all the way through, thanks mate.

Well, tried out the Demo in 1680x1050 (1080 resolution looks elongated on my screen in all games and apps) and menu froze for a minute or more. Next issue is that there seems to be a text box appearing randomly on the screen that says "outside". Turning the character on land is weird. He leans too much and the camera takes too long to follow your movement, makes me dizzy. You can walk/run underwater, obviously pre-alpha acceptable. Grass leaning in the wind is too much, should only be slight movements and maybe just the top part of the plants, idk. On the ship, cannons don't fire yet, and i didn't apreciate the compass tooltip on the bottom right, would very much preffer the tipical minimap over there, where you can see multiple foes and plan things out. Overall, what i loved was the look of the ship, although raising/lowering sails is jitty and the sail in the wind animation has a lot to improve. Hope to see better textures for ships in the future!

You say the cannons wont fire, did you use the Tab key to go through the complete tutorial?

Back