• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

QA Tester Application

Purely Evil Seadog

Powder Monkey
3D Artist
QA Tester
Provisional
Hello, My name is Aleksey,

I'm a Russian from Canada, Love Pirate games, mostly play all the Russian Seadog games, and recently came across Hearts of Oak, gotta admit the game looks amazing, and I would really love to help in anyway I can.

My PC specs

Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz
GTX780Ti
8GB RAM - Upgrading to 16GB soon
Win 10 Pro

have two screens that im using
- Asus 24" @1920x1080
- LG HDTV 43" @1920x1080

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Ahoy Aleksey, welcome aboard mate!

We recently closed the QA Tester applications, however, since you may not have seen that yet, I will make an exception in your case since the post was only made yesterday. When you get a chance, please download the latest demo from our IndieDB page and post a detailed review in this thread, thank!

Hey Thagarr,

Just got the demo installer downloaded and installed, though when I try to lunch it the application freezes on the main menu, I do know you are families with it, and I did wait for more than 20sec nothing happends

Edit 1 : Had settings on Fantastic, switched to normal and waited 5 mins, works now
Edit 2 : As I was playing I noticed enemy ship was still able to move and fire underwater while sinking for a good min until it disappeared

personal guess that's how it suppose to be for now

Last edited:
The AI will likely keep firing as it currently is, but I have never seen this, did you happen to get any screenshots?

Thanks, I'll have a look when I get the chance. Did you run in to any other issues?

Thanks mate, I have added you as a provisional QA Tester and also added you to the QA PM. Please have a read through it and the latest release thread in the development forum.

Hello again,

I would like to reapply for the Character Modeling position if possible and join 3D Artists group, I've been modeling little things in the past with Cad, Maya, blender and sketchup.
I love drawing. Parents signed me to drawing classes when I was 6 started to sketch when I was 11, and took drafting classes in high school. I still have of my work which I will attach below for reference

My 3d modeling experience inst great but I'm learning it on the fly, started character 3d modeling not long ago and I'm already pretty good at it. reference in the thread link below

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/character-modeling-progress.26733/

Volunteering was always my way. What I can do to help is modeling inventory items/gear like outfits, hats, boots, corsets, shirts, belts, pants etc
I'm also confidant I can make npc's, and in the near future I'm going to learn how to properly create models for a character generator/creater.

Thanks in Advance,
Purely Evil Seadog :aar :pflag
Reference.jpg

I was thinking the same thing last night when I saw your character progress, you are really doing some great work mate! :onya

I have added you as a 3D artist for now mate. I still don't think we have an actual character model coordinator, at the moment, @JohnSilver seems to be doing that. @Ashinokami mainly does buidling and objects, @Captain Armstrong and @Bava mainly do ships.

Back