• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

QA tester

DH27

Sailor
Staff member
Administrator
QA Tester
Public Relations
Hello fellow pirates,

my name's Daniel Helmenstein from Vienna, Austria. I am graduating school in less than 7 months and speak german, english, french and romanian fluently. In my leisure time I am creating economic animations and like playing games. I am following Hearts of Oak since 6 months now and played all of the alphas. I would be very interested in being a QA tester because I am in love with pirate games.

My PC specifications are:

CPU: AMD FX-8120 (Eight Core)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
RAM: 8 GB
Monitor: Sony KDL-40HX755 (3D-Television)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 PRO
Sound Card: AMD High Definition Audio Device (onboard)
HDD: 256 GB INTEL SSD 530 Series + 2TB Western Digital Blue HDD

Furthermore as I needed more performance for my animations, I got also another PC which I am using as a renderfarm but could easily be used as a test machine for middle-budget PCs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920 (first generation)
Graphics Card: AMD SAPPHIRE R7 260x
RAM: 9 GB
Monitor: Same as the last
Motherboard: PEGATRON IPMTB-GS (soon to be changed)
Sound Card: Onboard
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD

Last but not least, could be interesting as a test machine for INTEL Graphics Cards, my Notebook:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4500U
Graphics Card: INTEL HD Graphics 4400
RAM: 8 GB
Monitor: Onboard Full HD Monitor
Motherboard: Dell
HDD: 256 GB SSD

Not wanting to only describe my PCs, I want to just mention, that there are also two more PCs in my portfolio, which are low-end budget but could also function as test machines.

Thank you for reading the application, I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Ahoy Daniel, welcome aboard mate!

Nice range of hardware you have there mate, excellent! How many of your rigs have you played the latest demo 1.7.15319.0 on?

When you get the chance, could you please write up a quick impression of how the demo preformed and what problems, if any, you experienced with it. Also, could you post the other hardware specs you have, when you get the chance of course. Thanks mate!

Hello,

so today I tried the demo on three of my PCs with very interesting results:

On my main PC, with the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, the game performed quite well with around 45-60 FPS, no problems occurred.

On my notebook, with the INTEL HD 4400, the game was around 5-8 FPS, but otherwise everything worked well.

Last but not least I tried it also on one of the low budget PCs, which has the following PC specifications:

CPU: INTEL CORE DUO E8500
Graphics Card: INTEL Q45/Q43 Express Chipset
RAM: 4 GB
Monitor: Sony TV
Motherboard: Dell
HDD: 160 GB Western Digital HDD

The problem here was, that I wasn't able to run the game at all, it just didn't start, I could see it in the task manager for a couple of seconds but then it disappeared.

I will post also the specifications of the other PC in a couple of days, just haven't got the chance to identify the specs at the moment.

Hi @DH27, welcome! I've now added you to the QA Testers group, so you can post feedback in the Development forum.
For the time being, I suggest that you post bug reports in the Bug Tracker, and any general comments about the latest build in the release thread.

You should also be able to put your PC specs in your signature, though I'd suggest using a small font, considering how many machines you have. :shock

@DH27, thanks mate! I would bet the problem on you Core2 Duo was the old Intel graphics, we have had all kinds of issues with those old graphics chips and POTC, though I wouldn't entirely rule out Windows 10 issues on that old of hardware. Welcome to the team! :onya

Hello @Armada and @Thagarr,

I just put my PC specs in a practical chart, which can be easily extended, I hope it's okay for the purpose?

I have a question about the problem that occurred on my low budget PC: Should I mention that bug in the Bug Tracker, or is it already known and not to be changed?

It would probably be a good idea to post it to the Bug Tracker, just to make sure we have a record of it. When you get the chance, if you could describe it more in detail, perhaps even run the test again and maybe post a screenie or two, that would be awesome mate! :onya

I just put my PC specs in a practical chart, which can be easily extended, I hope it's okay for the purpose?
That should work fine, though it would be nice if you could remove the spell checking underlines to make some of the words more legible.

Last edited:
You can also use BBCodes to add the information to your sig, though it would take a bit of time to format it properly.

How about something like this mate, click on the Spoiler button to show your text :

• CPU: AMD FX-8120 (Eight Core)
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Monitor: Sony KDL-40HX755 (3D-Television)
  • Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 PRO
  • Sound Card: AMD High Definition Audio Device (onboard)
  • HDD: 256 GB INTEL SSD 530 Series + 2TB Western Digital Blue HDD
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-920 (first generation)
  • Graphics Card: AMD SAPPHIRE R7 260x
  • RAM: 9 GB
  • Monitor: Same as the last
  • Motherboard: PEGATRON IPMTB-GS (soon to be changed)
  • Sound Card: Onboard
  • HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4500U
  • Graphics Card: INTEL HD Graphics 4400
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Monitor: Onboard Full HD Monitor
  • Motherboard: Dell
  • HDD: 256 GB SSD[/td]
  • CPU: INTEL CORE DUO E8500
  • Graphics Card: INTEL Q45/Q43 Express Chipset
  • RAM: 4 GB OS: MS Windows 10 Home
  • Monitor: Sony TV Motherboard: Dell
  • HDD: 160 GB Western Digital HDD

You can of course change the colors and sizes if you wish as well, but I just did the basics. to get the example above, use this code :

Code:
[spoiler=My PC specifications: Rig #1]
[list]
[*]CPU: AMD FX-8120 (Eight Core)
[*]Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
[*]RAM: 8 GB
[*]OS: MS Windows 7 Ultimate
[*]Monitor: Sony KDL-40HX755 (3D-Television)
[*]Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 PRO
[*]Sound Card: AMD High Definition Audio Device (onboard)
[*]HDD: 256 GB INTEL SSD 530 Series + 2TB Western Digital Blue HDD[/list][/spoiler]
[spoiler=My PC specifications: Rig #2][list]
[*]CPU: Intel Core i7-920 (first generation)
[*]Graphics Card: AMD SAPPHIRE R7 260x
[*]RAM: 9 GB
[*]OS: MS Windows 10 Home
[*]Monitor: Same as the last
[*]Motherboard: PEGATRON IPMTB-GS (soon to be changed)
[*]Sound Card: Onboard
[*]HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD [/list][/spoiler]
[spoiler=My PC specifications: Rig #3]
[list]
[*]CPU: Intel Core i7-4500U
[*]Graphics Card: INTEL HD Graphics 4400
[*]RAM: 8 GB
[*]OS: MS Windows 10 Home
[*]Monitor: Onboard Full HD Monitor
[*]Motherboard: Dell
[*]Sound Card: Onboard
[*]HDD: 256 GB SSD[/td]