• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Quad barrel gun in crypt (perhaps instead of rifle)

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
I am reposting a bug I posted on the third page second post of this thread: Unconfirmed Bug - Bug or something else? itemname_hatch_11D_03 found repeatedly in jungle | Page 2 | PiratesAhoy!

I beleive it to be caused by the same glitch, as I had picked up the pistol in the period before I recerted item additions/movements to fix the glitch. Posting as a new bug tracker entry at Pieter's suggestion, so it can be run down at some point.

Quoting earlier post:
In the attached saved game posted there, I am standing where I think the church protection quest to retrieve the items from the lost monk should be (which according to the walkthrough should be a book and gun Church Protection | PiratesAhoy! ).

However, no items are present currently.I had been here earlier, and had picked up a four barrel grapeshot pistol (which shouldn't exist, given the golden age period) and another item (forgot what it was). Both were picked up from the ground, with the hand icon.

I have tried talking to the monk, but I can't continue the quest. Consoling in the items worked fine and allowed the quest to complete (GiveItem2Character(PChar, "LongRifle_C"); GiveItem2Character(PChar, "book_exorcist"); ).

What I think happened is this: the game replaced the rifle with the 4 barrel grapeshot pistol, which appears 2 lines above the rifle in the items file.

I think this was probably caused by the same issue reported in this thread, as I picked up the 4 barrel grapeshot pistol after updating but before reverting the new and moved items. So the glitch happens in defined items as well as random items in the jungle, and maybe the two line difference between the rifle and 4 barrel grapeshot pistol isn't a coincidence.

you should be able to continue the quest if you have the book I believe .. the rifle shouldn't be a requirement if I remember right.

you should be able to continue the quest if you have the book I believe .. the rifle shouldn't be a requirement if I remember right.
I had to do some substantial rewrites to the underlying logic as not all combinations worked quite like they were meant to.
Plus you could finish the quest over and over instead of just once....

Levis is correct, you just need the book (reading it advances the quest).

However, the book had been transormed as well, just whatever it was was not as memorable as an amazing advanced pistol, so I didn't remember what it had been transformed too and thus it can't help the hunting for this glitch.

At any rate, I consoled both objects in, so advancing the quest isn't a problem for my character. Reporting this because it makes it look like the glitch from adding/moving items in file might be broader than just random items, which which might be useful info.

Yep, I think it is the same bug. I think saved games store items that are waiting to be picked up on the ground, random or otherwise, in some way that gets glitched up when certain changes happen.

Let's shut this report down, it just serves as confirmation that the problem isn't about random items in particular.

Back