• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug quest delivery closed chest

captain Vyse

Landlubber
Hello,
i download build beta 3.2. It's again a good job!! ;-)
I very like your job on this game.
I have a small bug in the quest "delivery a closed chest"
In the quest, i must go to Martinique to meet a man about Blackpearl.
When i arrive to Martinique "we encounted Blackpearl" but there is no Blackpearl on sea.
Thanks.

Please upload a SAVE before the problem occurred.
Please upload your .log files (namely: system.log, error.log and compile.log) just after the problem occurred.

And have you referred or looked at this one: Tales of a Sea Hawk - Main Quest Walkthrough ?
If not, please do so first and ask the problem again, if still there.

Ok
when i restart "Tales of the Sea Hawk" i fellow your intructions and informe you, because
i contine the story and i not keep the save game at this moment.

Thank you for your anwers ;-)

Yes this is a random problem. Sometimes you get the Pearl and sometimes you do not. It has been this way for years.

Really? I recall testing this last year and she showed up just fine. I was trying to ensure she was HOSTILE at the time.

Pieter,
If I recall in earlier versions, the Black Pearl was not Hostile. It was supposed to show up in the distance and you do not get sunk (if it is still early in the game and you have a very outclassed ship compared to the BP).
I have had it show up and sometime it didn't. I think it may be due to when you get to Martinique after seeing the Shipyard in Speightstown but not sure.

That is when you see the Black Pearl all right. I just landed at Martinique after encountering the BP. She spawns close to you and is friendly at first but then turns hostile. I have seen her sink fleets of ships in the past, but I got away with light damage this time.
Beta3 2014-08-06 20-55-52-94.jpg

Pieter,
If I recall in earlier versions, the Black Pearl was not Hostile. It was supposed to show up in the distance and you do not get sunk (if it is still early in the game and you have a very outclassed ship compared to the BP).
Indeed you're right! In fact, I think that is what I was trying to accomplish again last year.
That's the reason for this code in both_reaction.c:
Code:
// KK -->
       if (ENABLE_FLAGS == 1) {
         PChar.previous_relation = GetActualRMRelation(PIRATE);
         PChar.previous_flag = pchar.nation;
         pchar.nation = PERSONAL_NATION; // PB: Otherwise the below doesn't work
         SetActualRMRelation(PIRATE, REL_NEUTRAL);

iForceDetectionFalseFlag = -1;
       }
// <-- KK
I am setting the player friendly with pirates, then auto-hoist a personal flag.
Since the Pearl is pirate, she should then be friendly. If that is not working out like that, please do say.

Except that, for that particular time in the story, the code temporarily sets the pirates friendly to you.
That is what it should be doing anyway.

Oh. :facepalm Does that mean that if I don't start shooting holes in her right away and ordering my fleet to attack the BP will remain friendly? :pirate07:

She should do, yes. After you encounter her, check if you are now flying your Personal flag and check F2>Nation Relations whether you are friendly with the pirates.

It's too late for me as I am far beyond that point now and no longer have any saves from that time.

Back