• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question

Sergiolas

Sailor
Hello everybody!!!

I have a technical question about modding for PoTC: is it possible to change the sloop look in this game, maybe replacing it with the wonderful sloop present in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, or with a similar created one?

I thought the AoP sloop was already in the PotC Build Mod as "FR_Sloop".

Really? I still don't have the Build Mod and from trailer i can't see if the sloop has changed, but i really love the sloop and cutter as ships, with the brig they are my favourite sail ships, but the unique sloop in PotC isn't so great like instead the one of AoP Caribbean Tales (i don't have neither the historical mod for this game, but in some days i should have both the mods...)...
Question about th build mod for PotC: is it possible with this mod to change the clothes of the player? I'd like to wear a Navy captain uniform if i serve a governor....

Question about th build mod for PotC: is it possible with this mod to change the clothes of the player? I'd like to wear a Navy captain uniform if i serve a governor....
Completely possible! You already automatically get a navy uniform when promoted for most of the nations.
Not for all ranks, but mainly for Midshipman, Lieutenant, Captain, Commodore and Admiral.

Additionally, the Select Storyline interface at game start allow you to choose from nearly all models in the game.
And the Tailor Shops allow you to buy most of the others, which you can "wear" (eg. swap models).

It's really great to read this, can't wait to have thid mod...pardon me for asking, but there's also the chance to marry someone maybe a governor's daughter, like in Sid Meier's Pirates?

Yes there is , get a letter or marque from one of the Governors and as you rise through the ranks the Governors Daughters will start appearing in the town hall. they get prettier the higher rank you get i have noticed haha

Wow, this mod will make PotC almost perfect....I saw that now there are all the caribbean on the map (by the screenshots on download page) but what about the original 6 island (Oxbay, Redmont, Falais de Fleur, Isla Muelle, Conceicao and the final island) in the "vanilla" game? Will they disappear, or the original main quest is still present?

Everything is still there. The old islands have only been renamed, so Falaise de Fleur is now Martinique and Redmond is Jamaica, etc.

Ah ok... Red Back Dude told before that in order to marry the Governor's daughters you have to receive a letter of marque from them, but in the original game i never managed to get this, only from the Redmont Governor as in the original storyline i have to put myself under his service...All the other Governors told me "as you english say, i'm all ears" and all i can replu was 3 full stops...Now i simply go to them and offer my services without issues like that in the original game?
One more question: i saw that there are almost all the ships of Pirates of the Caribbean movies, there is also the Interceptor from the first movie? I loved that ship :)

Last edited:
Ah ok... Red Back Dude told before that in order to marry the Governor's daughters you have to receive a letter of marque from them, but in the original game i never managed to get this, only from the Redmont Governor as in the original storyline i have to put myself under his service...All the other Governors told me "as you english say, i'm all ears" and all i can replu was 3 full stops...Now i simply go to them and offer my services without issues like that in the original game?
Yep; that is one of the many, many mod-added features.
The original game really didn't have much gameplay outside the Main Quest, but I can assure you that PotC: New Horizons does. :yes

One more question: i saw that there are almost all the ships of Pirates of the Caribbean movies, there is also the Interceptor from the first movie? I loved that ship :)
Yep, she's there. Nice little ship, but not very much fire-power.

I know that she wasn't so powerful, but i really liked her, and if i'm not wrong, she was considered the fastest ship in all the caribbean :)
So i'll have a free living experience in this game...But will this free action life expire when finishing the original main quest or will it continue also after it?

Well, sorry for asking so much things, but could i ask also for technical assistance in installing the mod eventually? And one more thing: as Age of Pirates 2 is unavailable in my city to purchase, could you tell me where to buy it online, Ebay apart?

So i'll have a free living experience in this game...But will this free action life expire when finishing the original main quest or will it continue also after it?
Of course you can! That was the first thing that was ever modded. Not to mention there are a whole bunch of other storylines now.

Well, sorry for asking so much things, but could i ask also for technical assistance in installing the mod eventually?
You could also download it and see what you can figure out. :wp

Well i've downloaded both the 14beta installer and the 14beta full, there's other things to download? For example i saw before a filek with the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack, but now i didn't see it anymore...
As i have my "combat" pc in repair i'm waiting to install this mod on it and start to play...

Thanks for the link, i'll check it :onya
Sorry, but one more question about the player, if possible: in the original game there is only the character named Nathaniel Hawk, with this mod is possible to modify him, by changing name and appearence other than being able to change his clothes?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, i'll check it :onya
Oh please do. I have that music pack installed.
Sorry, but one more question about the player, if possible: in the original game there is only the character named Nathaniel Hawk, with this mod is possible to modify him, by changing name and appearence other than being able to change his clothes?
:yes - You know, just try the game and you'll find the answers to your questions.

in the original game there is only the character named Nathaniel Hawk, with this mod is possible to modify him, by changing name and appearence other than being able to change his clothes?
You can change just about everything.

Back