• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question

Look at your map. Port Royal is on Jamaica. It sounds like you missed Jamaica and ended up at Nevis, Turks, or Tortuga.
That would be a good trick unless you're using Direct Sail, and even then you'd soon notice the difference. Turks is pirate, Tortuga is French, so you'd be facing the fort at both of those and probably wouldn't live long in the little ship with which you start the game. Starting from Barbados, you'll hit Nevis before you reach Jamaica, though you will be able to land because the pirate settlement has no fort.

But yes, what was Redmond island is now Jamaica, and what was Redmond town is now Port Royal. If you've found a pirate town then you're not on Jamaica.

I've also found that pausing the game does not work. If I want to stop for any reason to do with real life, I either press F1 (Load/Save/Options menu) or F2 (Character/Quests/Inventory etc. menu), either of which will stop the action.

I've also found that pausing the game does not work. If I want to stop for any reason to do with real life, I either press F1 (Load/Save/Options menu) or F2 (Character/Quests/Inventory etc. menu), either of which will stop the action.
What do you mean "either of which will stop the action" ? So if your're in an alert mode - red blinking effect on your character model picture, and decides to temporarily exit the game by going to main menu (F1) or character menu (F2), it will not stop the hostile forces from approaching and attacking you?

Pure speculation here, but perhaps he is used to the old map where Jamaica is North of Barbados while now it is WestNorthWest. If he sailed North he would hit Martinique, Guadeloupe, then Nevis.

Well, the map is right, i have Jamaica west-northwest...
What have i to do with the 3.3 update wip? Unzip it and replace or ut it zipped in the proper folder?

Last edited:
Do NOT unzip anything! :rumgone

Replace the beta 3.2.exe with the beta 3.3_wip2.exe and then click on the exe. When you get to the part where you pick options you will not need to check the beta 3 full, so it will go quickly.

Ok i don't unzip, but i can't find the file you named...I have only the 3.3 wip zip file of 31 mb, Where ishould i find the file i have to replace?

Last edited:
Ooops. :oops: I misunderstood. Yes unzip that file into the folder where your beta 3.2 exe is located. Then just click on the beta3.3 wip.exe to continue.

Replace the beta 3.2.exe with the beta 3.3_wip2.exe and then click on the exe. When you get to the part where you pick options you will not need to check the beta 3 full, so it will go quickly.
That won't work; I didn't get around to making the Beta 3.3 WIP installer as nice as the Beta 3.2 one.
Basically, just install Beta 3.2 correctly, then extract the Beta 3.3 WIP version on top.

Last edited:
Eh? I'm forgetting too much too easy.

Wait. This is my beta3 installer folder and that exe works normally.

Attachments

• beta3.3 wip.jpg
    beta3.3 wip.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Ok for now thanks for the support, one more question about the changing clothes, i mena if i buy an english navy uniform and want to put it on my character that is the same of Nathaniel Hawk, only the clothes will change or also the character's face?

Clothes aren't clothes, they are models. So you can "swap clothes" and become a woman. :rofl

Of course. But the game engine doesn't support it. So the next best thing is to create an infinite number of model combinations.
To be fair, we do have quite a lot of variations on the Nathaniel Hawk character. So you can just about do that. :yes

Back