• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Questions on Nation Relations

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
Can you point me to a good post about relations to other nations in POTC? I'm playing as pirate now, and suddenly, nobody wants to trade with me except for pirate settlements, which are only 2 in game (if I'm correct?). I used to sell Sandal, Silk and many other goods for very good price to Colonies that were importing those goods, now I'm pretty limited. For some reason, Holland has stayed in neutral relations with me, so now I can hoist the Dutch flag and trade with them, but other Colonies don't want to trade with me or to check my ships in shipyard. I tried reading the Tips&Tricks section in game, but didn't find anything related to this matter.

@Mirsaneli: Did you officially join the pirates? That would turn all other nations hostile; and for good reason, of course.
I do believe the dialog tells you that will happen.

You can still use false flags, which work also in stores and shipyards.
But not always and once you've been recognized for not actually being as friendly as you appear, they won't trade with you anymore.
Having a higher reputation helps though; and if you manage to get up to Hero, everyone will deal with you just fine again.

It is possible to buy amnesty from nations; either through a pirate Relation Agent or by speaking to one of the governors.
And of course you can still smuggle to gain more money as well. That fits in nicely with being a pirate, don't you think?

Your feedback on both nation relations and "playing as a pirate" will be much appreciated.
A lot of this has been fixed and changed quite substantially over the past half a year or so.

Being a pirate, for example, was never truly a viable way of playing the game.
I've done a fair bit of work now to change that, so that you CAN play as a pirate.
But I've got no clue how that actually works out in the game, so please enlighten me. :doff

@Mirsaneli: Did you officially join the pirates? That would turn all other nations hostile; and for good reason, of course.
I do believe the dialog tells you that will happen.

You can still use false flags, which work also in stores and shipyards.
But not always and once you've been recognized for not actually being as friendly as you appear, they won't trade with you anymore.
Having a higher reputation helps though; and if you manage to get up to Hero, everyone will deal with you just fine again.

It is possible to buy amnesty from nations; either through a pirate Relation Agent or by speaking to one of the governors.
And of course you can still smuggle to gain more money as well. That fits in nicely with being a pirate, don't you think?

Your feedback on both nation relations and "playing as a pirate" will be much appreciated.
A lot of this has been fixed and changed quite substantially over the past half a year or so.

Being a pirate, for example, was never truly a viable way of playing the game.
I've done a fair bit of work now to change that, so that you CAN play as a pirate.
But I've got no clue how that actually works out in the game, so please enlighten me. :doff

I haven't officially joined the pirates, cause I don't know how to. I went to the pirate settlement in Nevis and tried speaking to the pirate leader, but there is no any dialog now. The last time I spoke to him was about a quest at the beginning of the Jack Sparrow storyline. I would like to play as pirate, but I don't know where to find smugglers. I went to shores of different islands, but haven't seen any of them. Maybe I need a connection with a smuggler so it triggers others to be seen on shores?

To find smugglers - have some contraband goods for the island you are on - then go to the tavern in a town and talk to the people sitting at the tables - on of them should be a smuggler agent who will agree to arrange a meeting with the smugglers on a beach. But you have to do some things first. ( all explained in the dialog with the agent).

To join the Pirates you have to be friendly with them first ( see F2>Relations screen ) - this is achieved by carrying out acts of Piracy. Remember this will damage your relations with other Nations.

:drunk

There is a more detailed explanation of the new Smuggling on the Wiki here:- Smuggling | PiratesAhoy!

if you get stuck

But it would help us a great deal if you could try it out without reading that & provide feedback. So that anything that needs improving can be picked up.

:read

Can you post a savegame, please?

Joining the Pirates does work by talking to the Nevis pirate leader. If he doesn't show ANY dialog, perhaps quest use broke that.
If so, that requires fixing!

Are you playing the Jack Sparrow storyline? In that one, you now NEED to be able to join the Pirates to unlock various sidequests.

To find smugglers - have some contraband goods for the island you are on - then go to the tavern in a town and talk to the people sitting at the tables - on of them should be a smuggler agent who will agree to arrange a meeting with the smugglers on a beach. But you have to do some things first. ( all explained in the dialog with the agent).

:drunk

@Mirsaneli - If you are still playing your Jack Sparrow game and want to do smuggling - then from the Save you posted about the Pirate Leader not talking to you.

At that point you already have a Smuggling quest started on Antigua - so the other Smugglers Agents will only tell you to complete this first before they will deal with you.

You will have to go back to the Smugglers Agent on Antigua - when you get to the tavern check the entry in the quest book about what to do and try talking to any soldier who is walking arround the tavern. Then go and talk to the Smugglers Agent ( he is up the stairs - in case you have forgotten) - and continue the quest from there.

:cheers

@Mirsaneli - If you are still playing your Jack Sparrow game and want to do smuggling - then from the Save you posted about the Pirate Leader not talking to you.

At that point you already have a Smuggling quest started on Antigua - so the other Smugglers Agents will only tell you to complete this first before they will deal with you.

You will have to go back to the Smugglers Agent on Antigua - when you get to the tavern check the entry in the quest book about what to do and try talking to any soldier who is walking arround the tavern. Then go and talk to the Smugglers Agent ( he is up the stairs - in case you have forgotten) - and continue the quest from there.

:cheers
Tnx matey, I already did that yesterday. I have forgotten about that quest because of the main storyline, but I returned and I succeseded in smuggling :D

Back