• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Questions regarding crypts under Barbados

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
Currently having a great time exploring the dungeon under barbados, but ran into a couple of questions I was hoping an experienced player could help me out with:

First, other than claiming the many treasure chests and buried awesome french swords, is there anything to acomplish down here in the way of finally sanctifying the place?

Second, what is the "monks are coming to do an exorcism, ambush!" thing? I got that message while digging, and noone came. EDIT: Later had it again and figured it out--6 guys come dressed in red. Rather easy opponents though, no guns.

It might be they got distracted by my new best friend, the invincible undead sailor I dug up, who promptly broke his knife in combat with me (I didn't realize he was invincible for awhile and kept fighting him), and then proceeded to run around leading a trail of 10 maltese monks who chase him around and around the dungeon in circles. It is HILARIOUS, and also incredibly useful, as everyone is too busy whacking at him to bother with me. ;)

Last edited:
Just woke up, and still laughing about and enjoying the raiding the crypt while the undead sailor distracts the monks accident.

I think this is what is wonderful about this mod, as it creates emergent fun stories because of all the unpredictable things that can happen. It's like Morrowind in that respect. And stumbling upon something valuable while doing something stupid (like trying to fight an invincible guy) just makes for a fun story.

Raising an undead sailor, breaking his weapon, and then using him as a distraction will once again be my plan on returning to the crypt tonight! :) Thank you so much for maintaining this mod which allows for such fun strategies!

:ahoy me mate!!! i never met anything like that maybe by
"monks are coming to do an exorcism, ambush!"
they came for him?? because he is undead ?? and he is immortal ?
but its funny hearing they went circling lol i wish i got something like that !!!! but anyway fun gaming for ya :aar!!!
:bird::bird::bird::bird::g2

I think I figured this one out. There are permanent HP boosts (with no apparent cap), the maltese knights give upwards of 7,000 gold added directly to yur inventory per monk if they are friendly (which is way too much, I decided to donate all the gold I made and roleplay it is to pay to sanctify the church when I am done because it is easy to get hundreds of thousands), and the thieves can be knocked out with cobblestones to reclaim gold, and there is a quad barrell grapeshot pistol even in the golden age (about 100 years before it is supposed to show up in napoleonic), you can kill grandmaster living maltese knights (pretty easy, and no loot), and there is a chruch protection quest that runs through here. Digging repeatedly even after you get the chest gives all sorts of wonderful things (and is also probably something to voluntarilly abstain from doing too much). The exorcism message is just 6 easy to kill red maltese knights, who are sometimes immortal and sometimes easy to kill. Posting seperately on the balancing issues in the appropriate forum.

Also, this is an insanely good place to practice melee skill, because it is very safe (much less dangerous than dungeons with bandits). None of the enemies have guns, so if the player has professional fencer skill and a sword with good blocking rate, he is invicible, and can easily kill wave after wave of monks. My officers were going up multiple levels of melee just from the shared XP in fencing, and my health was never in danger, because without guns there is really no way for the enemies to surprise you and take your health down quick enough.

Last edited:
It is supposed to be quite dangerous down there.
I suppose it only really is in the early game.

Your Sailor being chased sounds hilarious indeed!
Not quite intentional, but I'm not complaining. :rofl

There is no way to fully lift the curse there.
It'll always be there with more stuff to loot.

Hi Pieter!

Yes, I had quite alot of fun in the crypt--this post was when I first started exploring it. Still, lots of balance problems to be fixed at some point when time allows (see my balancing post for the 1000 max HP in 10 minutes, 200,000-300,000 gold per hour of playing time from maltese knight dialogues, and unlimited french noble swords). ;)

Back