• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Raa frigate

Oskar94

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
I've converted this ship too, she's the Raa from Pirates of the Burning Sea. When i can i'll post some photos...

I'm not sure what you mean either, SuperDurnius.
If you're worried about copyright and permissions, we do have permission from the original modeler. :yes

The polycount is about 70, but i'm not sure, i have to look... When i post photos i'll post also a wireframe... How are yours works?

I don't like where mod is going right now... I mean almost every time I look at modeling forum I see only "solen" ships from other games... mostly from Pirates of Burning see...

I don't agree, that those ships should be included in official Build mod pack...

But I do agree, so they could be released separatly with something like: "unofficial Pirates of Burning see ship pack" or something like that...

But one more thing, that I don't like too... Many of custom ships (can't remember names right now) have some parts already stolen from PoBS (and yess... I've checked every f**king ship in Pirates of Burning see and Voyage Century Online, also as all weapons anc characters, so I do really know what is taken from where).

Conclusions: Don't mind me... I'm just blabing in a corner... I don't care of copyright reasons... I just don't like that "borowing" stuff...

Unless I'm very much mistaken, only the Raa and Poseidon are PotBS ships and we've got permission from the original modeler for those.

As for parts from PotBS, I don't know about that, so I trust you're right. :shrug

Pgargon, Bava, SeaNorris and AdmiralKoch are all making their own ships themselves.
Jack Harrison is doing his own modeling as well in addition to converting the Raa and Poseidon to PotC/CoAS.
I'm not sure which other ones would be PotBS ships. :?

I don't like where mod is going right now... I mean almost every time I look at modeling forum I see only "solen" ships from other games... mostly from Pirates of Burning see...
I completely disagree. The modelling forum is filled with unique models made by our own members, with one or two 'borrowed' models with permission!
Count them. The latest 'borrowed' models include Poseidon and Raa, that's it. Two models. With permission for both.
Other than that, we've got pgargon fixing his own models lately, with other modellers still working on their projects too.
And don't forget that I'm currently the one porting pgargon's fixes and finishing locators for HMS Surprise and Poseidon.
Poseidon is a lot of work from scratch, and a beautifully detailed model to work with.
I'm not about to put in all that hard work just to find that it isn't appreciated because it was 'borrowed' from another game!
In fact, so much of the work is done by our members, that she may as well be considered partly our ship, anyway!
Besides, we've technically 'borrowed' many AoP and CoAS ships too, so should they all be left out?!

And another thing: most, if not all VCO ships are going to be scrapped from the Build Mod, due to their low quality. There'll be no concerns there.
But if you're still worried about 'borrowed' parts, they're being used to enhance our current models. What would our ships look like without them? That's going backwards.
Has anyone been complaining, from other games' forums, that we're being 'thieves'? I don't see them doing that.
Therefore, since most of our work is done by our own members, with permission where necessary, and no official complaints have been made against our actions, we're staying as legal as possible.
Am I right?! :j3

ok, ok... I got it... We're legal pirates... understood... I just didn't knew that permissions are set with owners...

My bad...

I should explain me, i hope the language is enough good, i contacted Jabberdau, the auctor of Poseidon and Raa ships, he said that he wanted to see his ships in a game with real wawes ;) , so he sent me the files, there is the mails:

Oskar Cremonesi a Jabberdau
mostra dettagli 19 ott

Hi, i started working on your ships, tomorrow i'll posts some photos here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16777-poseidon/

If you want to say what do you think and give me suggestion, you can post there...
Rispondi Inoltra

Rispondi

Jabberdau Kahn a me
mostra dettagli 21 ott

Hello

Excellent, but it looks really nice already! : )

Jabberdau

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:43:35 +0200
Subject: Re: Poseidon + Raa files 2 of 2
To: jabberdau@hotmail.com

Hi, i started working on your ships, tomorrow i'll posts some photos here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16777-poseidon/

If you want to say what do you think and give me suggestion, you can post there.

All was done with all permission :doff

Fair enough then. Sorry if I sounded overly frustrated with that one.
It was the thought of converting Poseidon and then having the work rejected, you see... it's a lot of work, and a lot of my time. :wacko:

EDIT: you posted just when I did, Jack. xD: That's interesting about Jabberdau's opinion of our game!

@SuperDurnius
I find the models from PotBS also great, I spent 1 year in itself closed beta and played for the release of PotBS. They had but at no time can the model to get in some form as a data! :shrug
Therefore, I do wonder you think that we are offered here, in the AOP model forum. There are only two models of PotBS and which are from Jack. If any of the claims PotBS our model are stolen by those tell us that. As each of my models was created by me personally in weeks of work and I can prove that also. :slap
What can happen, of course, is that the two models make use of Jack problems. Anyone who has created a model for PotBS deliver the rights to the models at Flying Labs Software! :whipa

My opinion is that we are public domain and have always given credit to those that contribute..... so as long as it's legal I think we should import as many good models from other sources and individuals that are willing to give them to us.

Both of these are beautiful. I still wish we could get some of the others like Oliphant, but if they are so selfish, guarded, and zenophobic as to refuse helping similar genre, free non-profit efforts (which would actually lend credit and accolades to them and likely gain them more of a following - I mean hey! free advertizing) then so be it.

I would be way more likely to play their game as a paying customer if I saw how beautiful their models are in another venue.

Anyone know when we will finally get useable forms of these two new beautiful models for import into our two primary FREE PA game mods?

I'm dying to play with these.

MK

Experienced Captain is working on the locators; will be done depending on when he's got time.

Please note I'm only working on Poseidon at the moment, and not Raa.
And there's a bunch of other ships that I'm reconverting, as well as finishing the locators for the new HMS Surprise. ;)
As Pieter said, though, it depends on my free time. :facepalm

And you also had the ship interface pictures in the work. That's a lot of work,
but I don't care if it takes you a long time because I'll be away for five months anyway. :wp

Back