• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Random Crash Please Help!

U

USAF66

Hello I have posted before and I love the game. However, while playing I had random crashes while playing the game. I have included the crash reports. Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• system.log
    8.2 KB · Views: 61
Which modpack version? Also, please post the other log files too; system.log isn't the most useful for crashes.

Nothing crash-worthy in that file either. No error.log too? I'm afraid there is nothing much that can be done.
At what points in the game does it generally happen?

It happened when I went to buy something at the store and the interface was loading. I couldn't find an error log but I will try to recreate the scenario and hopefully it will give me an error log this time.

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\interface.c; line: 1558
no memory
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\save_load.c; line: 1047
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
no memory
^ That's a weird one. Have seen it occasionally, but don't know why.
Try this:
1. Remove ALL files out of your SAVE folder, leaving none at all, then put only your most recent one back
2. Remove the file named "options" from your main game folder; this will reset all your game settings

Other than that, perhaps @Hylie Pistof may have some additional suggestions later.

I have seen those errors - I usually get them when a Bad Save ( on Manual saving) has occurred - or is about to occur. - I think they occur when you enter a new location and the game is doing a lot of things ( initialisations etc. ) and you do an immediate Manual Save. The Game runs out of Memory

When I get a Bad Save I have noticed that the Quicksave - that the game does automatically whenever you manually Save using the Save button on the main menu - is always larger ( the file size) than the manual Bad Save ( if the Manual Save is OK then it is they are the same size ).

To Recover a " Bad Save" -

If I have noticed that my last Manual save was labeled a "Bad Save" in the game's Save/Load Menu - then I go into the game and immediately Press F6 to Load the Quicksave - which loads OK ( so far ) - then go back to Load / Save Menu and delete the "Bad Save" and do an New Manual save.

:cheers

I have seen that a lot also but don't recall getting crashes there. I was getting a lot of crashes with the last version but have gotten none so far with the 24 Oct version of beta 4.

@Talisman might have the correct idea here about the system running out of memory. I seem to have a more crash resistant system than most and I am starting to suspect that it is because I have 16 gb of ram while most others have 4, 6, or 8 gb. In only one crash have I seen a "out of memory" log.

Thanks guys! Sorry it took a while but i had errands to run first. (Disregard the different account name. I had some problems this morning re embering my password.........) anyway it is working and i am also currently installing b14 v4 to also help a little. Thanks for your help!

:onya

Disregard the different account name. I had some problems this morning re embering my password.........
We like to avoid double accounts on the forum as much as possible.
Which account do you like to keep? Then we can delete the other one.
Let me know if you need your password reset for one of them; that can be arranged. :doff

I would like to keep usaf68 i apologize for the inconvenience! Oh and is testin still open for hoocots? I would like to help but have no experience coding or modeling and thought i could test.

Back