• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Random Talk

Those are fantasy type games which I cannot get interested in, but have played in the past. I guess it is just what you like or want to spent your time on that counts. After all it is just a game.

Fantasy role playing games. Might & Magic I've played since way back. I remember the first time I saw it I played it on my Commodore 64 on a series of huge floppy disks that I had to keep taking in and out of the floppy hard drive. But it just blew me away that you had these characters that you could build and lead around this fantasy world battling different creatures. Anything you could think up. The newer versions of the game aren't as good.

I have never played a game for any long period of time. Games are just a way of passing time during the long winter's here in the mountains. Too busy in the summer to really play any game.

No. When the roads get bad and are not passable, the good old snowmobile does the job. And I have a huge 4x4 Ford F250 diesel that goes just about anywhere. However, you do stock up on necessary supplies (food, liquids, medicine etc) so you don't have to go out if you don't need to. It is really not that bad living in the mountains.

I have owned the property for a decade or so but did not live here. Just before I retired I built a house as I knew this is where I wanted to be when retired. In other words, I came in from the big world into this small and fairly isolated one.

Ah, so you were not always up in the mountains. What was the lure of it that made you want to live there permanently?

Not very many people around here. And after being in the big world I had pretty much had it with people and traffic. We have some good friends that live here, but not right on top of us as we all have a small amount of property.

Interesting. I'm a loner that has to live around people though. Don't think I'd like being off in the woods by myself. Suburbs are about right. Wouldn't like to live in a city.

It all depends on what you like. I am basically a loner myself and have a very small circle of friends (My NASCAR traveling buddies and their wifes along with mine). We all live fairly close together but not right on top of one another. Always there for each other if needed.

We moved up here together, althought not at the same time. Had to wait for property to become available.

I have ordered it but it is on back order and will be shipped the first part of November. I have to order most of my games as the Gamestop here is very small and doesn't stock alot of games.

You have a Gamestop up there in the mountains? Cool. You notice you have to download a lot of programs now from the Internet? I was at a computer store recently and I went to the Apple section and asked if they had the new operating system upgrade and they said you have to download that now from Apple. They don't put it out in the stores anymore. That blew me away.

It seems like everything is going to the internet. Microsoft will probably go to that for there operating systems in the future. I guess if you want anything you have to keep up with the changes.

Amazing how quickly you can become out of date. Things change so fast nowadays, technology and such, but then again I guess everyone across the years has had this problem.

Back