• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Random thoughts on the latest build.

Ah okay :D I always play on easiest level:wp

But I can try on a harder level and look, how it feels there :D

I play on "Adventurer" level and agree that the best way to get a new ship is to take it from someone else. Come to that, the best way to get a cargo is to take it from someone else as well, preferably by leaving it in the ship where you found it and putting your own officer in charge of the ship. :aar

Maybe we should increase the overall change for ships being aviable at the/a shipyard.. because most of the time there are only Tier 7 or 6 ships, and only like 1-3 to choose from

That depends on the size of the town you are visiting. I know I have seen quite some shipyards with a whole lot more available.

In my experience on shwashbuckler mode ships at class 4 and up only start to show up in the shipyards when you start to move up in the military ranks. Or maybe it is only in the upper levels. Anyway, when they are needed they are not around and I go to Vanderdecken and buy them there.

I was in Port Royale and he had only Hoys, Lugger and a Fluyt. 4 Ships.. Not that much is it?

The number of ships varies a lot. Go back every day for 4-5 days and see the changes.

While military ranks do affects whether the shipyard owner will SELL certain ships, it does not prevent them from showing up in the shipyards. :no

Thats the next point: I am e.g. Commodore for Britain and still can't buy even 5th rates from the shipyard..?

The ship tiers per nation rank are defined in InternalSettings.h .
You can tweak those if you want.

hi there. havent't played for a year or two. nice to see it's still beeing worked on. So many new features and stuff like direct sail now fully implemented..
Just finished downloading. Time for some good ol' 'sail ho' again.

I was thinking about it when I was in Mexico for vacation a couple month ago but than totally forgot about it..

Anyway I'm sure you guys did a magnificent job again. Tanks for all the hard work. Will sail off .... now

I went through Patric and the idols got to the end and the officer didn't show up.

I went through Patric and the idols got to the end and the officer didn't show up.
He should be wandering around town all the time. His name is Harduin Aufort and if you talk to him, your only option normally is to say that you want to chat. If you're ready to finish off Patric Cardone's quest then you'll have an additional option to talk about business. He's also the officer to whom you need to talk if you've met Fred Bob. Basically, look for someone who looks like a regular guard but is walking around rather than standing still at a gate.

I just double-checked with the update I posted a short bit back and the guy is indeed walking around and talks properly.
It should not be possible for him to be missing at all because he is defined in the general game folder now.
So either he is there in EVERY storyline or in none of them at all.

Back