• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress random_captains_sit_tavern pays to much for contraband

Pieter,

Thanks so much! I'm honored. :)

Imado,

I don't know Japanese, so I'm sorry I couldn't help you correct anything in that language.

Perhaps you thought I did from my screenname? I am a native English speaker, but my screenname is Chinese (Tingyun=廷筠). I do know Chinese, but not Japanese.

Are you doing a Japanese translation or something? Confused about why you would need dialogues in an Asian language. ;)
i meant a conversation between japanese in english
you know they have their own way of talking because of their culture of samurai and peasant soldiers ...etc
so i though you could help me
and that is for me and my team we are working on a mod for a game you might know or not m&b Warband in the sengoku jidai so we will need a lot of these stuff !!and congratulations for your promotion !!!

@Levis

Attached find the revised file. I deleted the negative sign, used the money part of the dialogue for a new purpose, and edited pretty much every bit of dialogue in there (probably 50 lines). Aside from fixing the grammatical mistakes, I rewrote over half of it, trying to stick close to the meaning of the original version (while completely changing the words).

I have installed the file and tested several of the dialogues, and the ones I encountered all look good. I also used winmerge to double check I hadn't messed anything up, and it looks ok.

Also, tested, with removing the negative sign, the relations points from turning over contraband now works. I went from -45 to -42 from giving them about 20 each of three smuggled goods (or about 60 goods total).
Are you sure this will always work? Using Winmerge to compare this to a previous version shows the following:
Original:
Code:
             if(FindFirstContrabandGoods(PChar) != -1)
             {
               Link.l1 = "I have this kind of goods in my hold. What's your proposition ?";
               Link.l1.go = "Price";
               Link.l2 = "Sorry but i'm not interested.";
               Link.l2.go = "exit";
             }
New:
Code:
             if(FindFirstContrabandGoods(PChar) != -1)
             {
               Link.l1 = "I have indeed recovered such goods. What do you propose?";
               Link.l1.go = "Transfer the goods, and your standing with our nation will be much improved.";
               Link.l2 = "Sorry but I'm not interested.";
               Link.l2.go = "exit";
             }
I don't think that new 'Link.l1.go' line will work. As I understand "dialog.c" files, 'Link.l1' is what you say and 'Link.l1.go' is the case within the "dialog.c" file where the dialog should proceed if you say it. So the original version wants to direct the conversation to code case "Price", whereas the new version wants to direct it to code case "Transfer the goods, and your standing with our nation will be much improved.", which does not exist. Perhaps change it back to "Price"? (The same line of dialog appears as "Dialog.text", which is what he says, at code case "price".)

The suspicious code is only executed if you have a LoM from the nation of the captain, which presumably is the nation of the tavern in which you're having this conversation.

Back