• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ravens Cry Released!

Red Back Dude

HoO Team Member
Promotion
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
After 13 delay's and over a years time Ravens Cry has been released.

Ravens Cry is available from steam and Topware's in house store for $54.99 USD

from the games steam page:

"Raven's Cry" is a third person RPG-adventure game that combines fast-paced swordplay, thrilling naval battles, and free ranging explorations through undocumented islands and historical towns. A cadre of colourful cutthroats will cross your path on your travels, all with their own motivations and plans, but make sure to choose your crew with care!

Features
  • Beautiful cinematic cut scenes bring Christopher’s dark quest to life
  • The open world of the Caribbean features a robust core storyline as well as dozens of side quests and secrets waiting to be explored
  • Countless activities to take on, from smuggling and looting to treasure and bounty hunting
  • Morally grey decisions influence the story and character interactions, creating a unique gaming experience
  • Psychological elements based on player actions influence the fighting styles and habits of your enemies.
  • Complex and unique skill trees on both land and sea are affected by Christopher’s notoriety level
  • Unlockable raven skills give your bird more to do than fly around, as it takes an active role in your adventure
  • A challenging fighting system based on classic hack'n’slash action and tactical free-flowing combat includes blocks, counters, parries and finishing moves
  • Detailed and historically accurate weapons and ships bring the 18th century Caribbean to life.
  • Special combos with the unique and brutal hook
  • Fighting influenced by your surroundings; wet pistols may not fire, and muddy swamps will slow your offensive and defensive actions
  • Intense naval battles with myriad ships and multiple ammunition types replicate the brutality of historic naval battles
  • Notoriety and interchangeable flags influence the behaviour of the different controlling factions in the Caribbean
  • Rumors and whispers; information and knowledge are as precious as gold. Keep your ear to the ground and learn hints and information about lost treasures and dangerous enemies.
  • Extensive economic system; knowing where to sell coffee, chocolate and Marijuana and other supplies will give you maximum return on your cargo
  • Detailed and realistic locations in both the Caribbean and South America

index.jpg

For those who read down this far i have the game and am downloading it now lets hope its good!

Will do , if i can get my live stream working with it i will put it up allso.

From what I have been reading on Steam, this game has a LOT of issues. I'll simply say I am not surprised.

Someone has already posted a Let's Play on Youtube.

and i still have another 5 hours to go downloading it :facepalm

edit: Australian internet huzah

so after 10 hours of downloading i finally have it! get to the main menu and oh.. my mouse is not working.. because my F310 is plugged in and its decided that's what i am using .. we are off to a bad start >.>

edit: Going to start a new thread on this , this is interesting to say the least

Last edited:
OK this game sure has potential but at its current state it is simply unpolished and unfinished. It should be mentioned that the retail versions will come out in late March if not later. First the good things

- Very good atmosphere
- No fantasy elements!! Realistic setting!
- Very nice character models: EVERY saber/rapier user has a scabbard and soldiers with bayonets even have two scabbards! (Take this Ubisoft!)
- Trade is really nice
- The ship battles are better than in AC IV (much slower)
- It has a more authentic vibe
- The ships have some nice detail (gun port lid spans!)

The bad things:

- No free sailing
- No free and real-time boarding
- The ships have a wrong sail plan for ships of the 1720s
- Parts of the standing rigging are missing
- Parts of the running rigging are wrong belayed or missing
- Some characters does not have baldrics
- Muskets have no slings
- Reloading animations could be better
- Cannonball explosions
- Polishing mistakes (clipping errors, missing particle systems)
- Animations could be more fluid especially in the battle

What to say.... I do not want to say wasted potential as the retail version are not on the market. So I will say I see a ray of hope for this game. But for this I need your help. Please e-mail the developers and publishers and point out the mistakes and your wishes (accurate ships, free sailing boarding etc.). I am positive that the whole pirates ahoy community could make a difference but please be polite. I think and hope you will reach them.

Raven's Cry will have mod tools but I think those mistakes should not be fixed by the community in the first place :)

Last edited:
Seeing this video, i noted there are maps for towns. For the buildmod, we don't have this feature, right?

And re-released! I really hate to resurrect this topic, but seeing as Reality Pump has insisted on doing just that, I figured this was a better place than on the front page.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry :

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - New Title and Website

Here at Reality Pump Studios, we are excited to announce the completion and upcoming release of our dark, bloody pirate epic, Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry.

After an almost seven year-long cursed development, we are finally ready to unleash Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry as it was meant to be seen and played. Development for Vendetta began way back in 2008, and has seen every game pitfall imaginable. Even Christopher himself, actor Mark Strohman had an infection that traveled into his brain, almost landing in Davy Jones’ Locker himself during MoCap shootings. It’s been a long and wired journey, but after all the time and all the setbacks, we are proud to say that the game is close to be finished and we launch the new website today!

For new details, new screens and impressions please visit www.vendetta-game.com

There's life in the old dog yet - stay tuned! Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry will be available for Windows, Linux, Steam OS and Mac OSX. 50+ hours of game play, over 360 characters, more than 500 quests, 120 minutes of cinematics, authentic weapons, locations and ships, a free-flowing melee combat system and intense naval battle action await you in this sprawling role playing adventure. Every choice or deal has a price, and yours will dictate your journey, and your fate.

When I first saw this press release, I thought it was a joke, but it is still several months till April, so I figured I would check it out. 9 months after release, Raven's Cry is finally finished! Reality Pump has indeed set up a new web page for the game, but instead of releasing new trailers to show off what they have done, they have decided to reuse their old cinematic ones that don't show actual game play and have very badly rewritten shantys in them. That goes a long way in telling me just how much of this game has been "completed" over the past few months.

Out of shear morbid curiosity, I checked their Steam page, and they are still offering the game for sale at full price $54.99 or $59.99 the digital deluxe edition. They haven't released a patch since February, but there seems to be some animated discussions going on in THIS thread.

I have been watching this slow train wreck unfold since Ravens cry released and it is no easier to swallow the news now that it was a few months ago when they told us that they were doing this (we just wernt told the new title) and now the forum posts for it all are unpinned it is a pain to dig it up.

On the bright (or dark) side unless they changed their minds anybody who had Ravens Cry inflicted upon them will also get vendetta for free...
:rumgone

Vendetta... yeah against their fans.

Edit:

Found a post referencing what i was saying about owners of ravens cry reciving vendetta Questions to the Dev Team Thread :: Raven's Cry General Discussions

Last edited:
From their web page, a list of "improvements" :

• Rewards for quest completion have been enhanced.
  • Christopher’s fighting skills have been enhanced and improved.
  • Numerous new quests have been added and existing quests have been enhanced.
  • Faster sailing: sailing has been tweaked to be more dynamic, with a speed-up option that accelerates time.
  • Enhanced and upgraded trading system.
  • An upgraded skill system with new skills to unlock.
  • Quest indicators for easy, medium and difficult quests have been added, in addition to an improved hint system.
  • In-game achievements with progress indicators have been added where applicable.
  • A robust Alchemy system has been added, allowing players to collect various herbs and alcohols to brew potent potions and tinctures with a variety of effects.
  • Use a variety of historically accurate flags to trick your enemies, disguise your intentions, and improve the appearance of your vessel.
  • Free-sailing mode allows players to sail without restrictions.
  • New videos and cut-scenes.
  • Completely re-recorded English voice acting.
  • Improved fighting system with new combos, slow motion finishing moves and weapons.

I guess the already speedboat like quality's just weren't fast enough for them, although the time skip and free sailing options are certainly needed. They say they have completely recorded the English voice-overs, but don't mention if they actually recorded the voice-overs that were supposed to be there, but weren't, when the game first launched.

I sincerely hope they have actually fixed the game and the people who paid for it will actually get their moneys worth for this title. If they had simply come to us first, like they had said they would, we could have helped them solve many of their problems years before their fist launch. As for me, knowing what I know about the game from the first launch, I am avoiding it like the plague.

As the original guinea pig for the game i am going to give it a good clean slate and hope for the best.

Nothing to lose either way good or bad i already own it.

I thought about putting this on the main page, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. They have set a release date for November 20'th. It is still full price on Steam, and to get the free upgrade, you must fill out a form over at their web page.

+ + + TopWare Interactive announces a FREE Upgrade to Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry and reveals version details + + +

Sail with Captain Raven one more time with a FREE upgrade to Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry, available November 20th 2015!

The old dog has life in her yet…

Captain Raven is sailing the high seas once again in an all new adventure, and we here at TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump Studios want to make sure you don’t miss a second of it!

If you have previously purchased a copy of Raven’s Cry, just fill out the form located at Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry for your free upgrade to Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry.

Featuring all-new gameplay mechanics, enemies, weapons, quests and upgrades plus brand new English voice-overs, Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry is a brutal adventure you won’t want to miss!
Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry will be available for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux and SteamOS as Standard and Digital Deluxe Edition. Pre-Orders on www.topwareshop.com will be honored with a Pre-Purchase discount of 10%, two exclusive In-Game Items, the Official Soundtrack and the Digital Map of the game world.
The Digital Deluxe Edition contains a brand-new location with additional 60 minutes of playing time, the Digital Artbook, all Shanties of Vendetta including Whisky in a Jar, Hanging Willie aka Drunken Sailor, La Bamba and more, the Digital Songbook with both lyrics and the musical notes as well as exclusive game content and wallpapers.

Digital Deluxe Edition Content
Pre-Order Bonus

Oh good Grief :ko

Edit : Good thing i don't empty my emails, ive made my application to the bureaucracy.

Last edited:
Weeeeeeeeeel its November 20th here in Australia :p But i doubt they meant the 20th here. They allso have not replied to my application it has been 4 days now since i sent it.

They posted a press release on the 19'th, but didn't issue one on the 20'th. If they had, I was actually going to put that one on the front page.

TopWare Interactive releases interactive nautical map for Vendetta:Curse of Raven's Cry

Chart the Caribbean with information on all major locations

Karlsruhe, November 19, 2015 - Ahoy sailors! While the infamous crew of the Serpent readies the ship to clear port, Captain Christopher Raven pours over his new interactive map. This new map charts all major locations, complete with new information, artwork and videos. Clever captains and enterprising buccaneers would do well to know the sea they’re sailing, whether it’s knowing which ports need certain goods, or which shipping lanes the traders are taking. Check the following coordinates to see where the interactive map can be found:
Curse Of Ravens Cry, Ravens Cry, Vendetta Ps4 Game, Vendetta Pc Game, Vendetta Game

The digital release of Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry will be available on the 20th of November, 2015 for PC, Mac, Linux and SteamOS in both Standard and Digital Deluxe Editions. A retail and console version is scheduled for release in Q1 2016.

For further information about Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry, please follow these coordinates:
Curse Of Ravens Cry, Ravens Cry, Vendetta Ps4 Game, Vendetta Pc Game, Vendetta Game
Security Check Required
VendettaTheGame (@VendettaCurse) | Twitter

The fact that it is now the 21'st, and their web site is still offering a 10% preorder discount I think pretty much says it all. Ah well, good luck mate, I hope you hear from them soon.

**EDIT** I just had a look at their new store page on Steam, they did actually lower the price by $5, deep discount on this retread! Save 10% on Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry on Steam

There is also a pretty scathing review HERE, which I found accurate.

Last edited:
Back