• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Reduce Amount of Items at Traders

I'm doing yet another clean installation right now. Will do some testing with the standard storyline once it's finished.

That could be period-related.
You mean it depends on a storyline? I know that, all these testings were done on the standard storyline, the Sea Hawk.

If you move the cursor over to the right side of the menu instead of leaving it on the arrow the menu scrolls at a very fast rate. I use this to quick scroll through a merchants items.
I wanted to get back to this but forgot to do it earlier. Yes, of course I use that. I was thinking that it might be also a good idea, IF it's possible of course, to make the speed of browsing the menus as fast as in the "Exchange" menu. When you exchange items with one of your officers you can get to the end of your items in 1-2 seconds, no matter how many you have. There is no 'animation', or however you call it, when changing from one item to another.

You mean it depends on a storyline? I know that, all these testings were done on the standard storyline, the Sea Hawk.

It's dependend of the time periode, and some storylines play in other time periods, so you can encounter other weapons then.

If possible, we should look into this for Build 14 still.

Simple solution might be to look for the IT_WEAP_LOWQUAL_CUTOFF code and ensure that with that set to 0, traders have only one single quality for their items.

hmmm I'd say they should have only 1 of a certain quality EXCEPT when they have it on excelent. then they could also have one on a lower quality.

For simplicity's sake, that does not sound necessary to me. But I also wouldn't object to it.

Actually, should traders sell excellent weapons at all? I don't think so. That would give the blacksmiths an enhanced purpose too.

hmmm true. Altough I can imagine the shop being able to sell them?

I am thinking of gameplay more than anything else. Making excellent weapons harder to get makes them more special.

So to summarize: Blacksmith shop would be OK, but not regular merchants or item traders.
Sounds good. :doff

if I might suggest for future updates if there is a possibility to make it harder for making money? as well as availability of goods in stores.. i have it disabled in options and still i managed to get in the first hour most of the perk bonuses as well as a superior spyglass, best bullet & gunpowder bags..

Back