• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Reduced Storm Chance

Did not do the third set but what i have is interesting, one test staying still and one test moving around on the map with the clock and then without the clock.

10 mins - clock - moving : storms 2
10 mins - clock - still : storms 6

10 mins - no clock - moving : storms 6
10 mins - no clock - still : storms 9

2 Pieter: Yes, the worldmap.

2 Red: Hm, interesting. Especially after what I saw yesterday with some additional testing: it seems that storms stop altogether with the variable set at 0.0000001. I did not check the RL time, because I used the in-game timer, waiting for couple of months and staying still. But still, this contradicts the current 2.0 number, which should, in my case, mean an actual increase, while in your case, it does work as a reducer as proposed by Pieter...

As I said earlier, I have no clue if that code should be inverted.
Perhaps right now it DOES increase the occurances.

As it seems nobody is too fussed over this one, I will remove this test feature as per the next modpack update and return things back to normal.
So storms remain exactly the same as before and no character item/skill will influence their appearance.

I want to add a new item too. I want to add the Trident of Triton. It would be cool if you were in a storm and you used it to calm the storm.

See attached for fixed file that TX Converter can use.

On that subject, who knows how to convince GIMP to export to usable TGA files? The default settings don't work.
I think it is something with the compression on/off, but I don't know how that works in GIMP.
@Armada, any thoughts?

I will do the best I can!
Cheers, mate! :woot

Also: Posts moved to more appropriate thread. :doff

Attachments

• itemsAS.zip
    250.7 KB · Views: 153
The new broken .tga!

Attachments

• cicons_command.rar
    260.3 KB · Views: 141
Also adapted to work with TX Coverter.

Attachments

• cicons_command.zip
    268.7 KB · Views: 145
On that subject, who knows how to convince GIMP to export to usable TGA files? The default settings don't work.
I think it is something with the compression on/off, but I don't know how that works in GIMP.
@Armada, any thoughts?
When exporting to a TGA file, un-tick "RLE compression" in the dialogue box that appears.

To force the storm to end:
Code:
  if (Whr_IsStorm())
   {
     iStormLockSeconds = 0;
     SetNextWind(-1, 20);
     for(i = 0; i < 5; i++)
     {
       WeatherParams.update = true;
       CreateWeatherEnvironment();
     }
     if(!Whr_IsStorm()) iStormLockSeconds = 0;

x = stf(pchar.Ship.pos.x);
     y = stf(pchar.Ship.pos.y);
     z = stf(pchar.Ship.pos.z);

for(i = 0; i < 100; i++)
     {
       CreateParticleSystemX("cancloud_stock", x+rand(40)-20  , y+rand(15)+3, z+rand(40)-20  , x, y, z,20);
       CreateParticleSystemX("cancloud"  , x+rand(60)-30  , y+rand(20)+3, z+rand(60)-30  , x, y, z,20);
     }
     PlaySound("objects\DUEL\lightning.wav");
   }

FIXED!!!! We have a Trident that can make storms stop. :cheers
THIS TOTALLY WORKS!!! Will be included in the next modpack update, of course. :cheeky

Still to be done:
1. Add a 3D model of the Trident for the player to fight with.
@Bartolomeu o Portugues or @Jack Rackham: Any chance of finding one somewhere?

2. Allowing the player to actually get it some way.
For now, you can get it through console:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "Trident_Neptune");

I'm a bit unhappy with this piece of code I had to do:
Code:
for(i = 0; i < 5; i++)
{
WeatherParams.update = true;
CreateWeatherEnvironment();
}
I'm calling the same function 5 times, because the wind only dies down in increments.
Does anyone have any thoughts on handling this a bit better?

This modification seems like something @Pillat might like.

We're thinking of working this into the cursed coins for a laugh. :cheeky

Looked a little bit online and do you know for sure you use "export as" instead of "save as"?

Back