• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Reinit Functionality Updates Ship Stats

Did you press F11/Reinit at any point?
That button now also resets your ship to ensure it matches with any ships_init.c updates you make.
But it doesn't take any account of any upgrades you've fitted.

I found that one because the new installer doesn't include my changes to privateer ranks, so when I got promoted I got one of the lower titles instead. I replaced "nations_init.c" with my own version, reloaded the pre-promotion game, got the promotion again, still got the lower title; reloaded the pre-promotion game again, got the promotion, got the correct low rank, and Golden Hind was back to its default stats, though all the upgrades were still there. One workround would be to sell the upgrades, which would probably degrade the ship, then press F11 and buy them back, but this has two drawbacks. For one thing, upgrades cost time and money. For another, that won't work on the corsair refit. However, I found another workround.

You can berth the ship. Even if it's your only ship, you can berth it. Berthed ships are immune to the F11 reset. Then relaunch the ship and continue the game. :D

Couple of options I see:
- Remove this feature altogether
- Keep this feature, but only linked to ENABLE_CHEATMODE or the DEBUG toggle for testing purposes (I'm currently linking it to DEBUG because I think nobody uses that)
- Fix it to apply upgrades (I don't want to do this, but if Levis wants to....? :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I don't think it is worth putting a lot of time and effort into this one.
If the change doesn't help the modders but hinders instead, then it should be dropped.

Last edited:
Applying the upgrades shoudnt be a problem. But it still won't fix all cause the randomization will still not be saved. So this has to be saved and reapplied again also.

Applying the upgrades shoudnt be a problem. But it still won't fix all cause the randomization will still not be saved. So this has to be saved and reapplied again also.
This could get quite complicated quite quickly. Probably not worth it. :no
Actually, the probably the only person who might be able to make actual use of this is @Hylie Pistof when he is working on ship stats.
But with a toggle on this, at least he could enable it temporarily if he feels it might help.

I do not understand why you changed it away from the way it was in the first place. This change serves no purpose that I can see at all.

I do not understand why you changed it away from the way it was in the first place. This change serves no purpose that I can see at all.
The reason is because when you change ship stats in ships_init.c and press F11, all ships that were already generated (most notably including your own), do not update to match.
Which means that if you're playing around with stats, you keep having to find a new version of the same ship to see what happened.
That doesn't make for very efficient progress, does it?

Of course a GiveShip2Character line through console can be used for that as well.
But then... that hasn't been working out for you either for whatever reason that I do not understand.

So I'm just going to stop caring about this. If it serves no purpose, then let us put an end to it.

Back