• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Reinitilization of officer types

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
@Levis thank you so much for looking into this. :) if you end up being abke to fix it, then I can continue my current campaign and still test out what I need to test, which would be wonderful! I was feeling rather sad about needing to restart....

I hope it is fixable--currently it loads new contributing perks and hp changes, but old contributing perks are not removed and neither is the noncontributing chance set to the new value.

Here is the bug report quoted from the other thread: I have been experimenting with some changes to a couple of officer types perk lists and nonctronbituing chance. However, most of the changes don't seem to work on current saved games (new contributing perks get added, but previous ones aren't removed, even for new officers, and the noncontributing perk chance doesn't seem to be changed for the current game).F11 reinitilization doesn't work to fix this.

Is there some console command I can give to reset an officer type and have it once again draw the perk list and non contributing chance from the init_officertypes.c? Ie something to reset OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE so they become the new ones from my edited file?

it shouldn't be hard to fix. I just need to write an function which clears the object before setting it again. Will do soon.

@Levis Thank You so much! I was going to sadly retire my old campaign today, but now don't have to start over! I am so happy about that! :)

I'll do my best to repay your kindness by helping wih things you tag me in. :)

@Levis

Works, and beautifully so! All the old contributing perks are deleted, new ones are properly there, and the noncontributing chances are placed as they should be in the file.

Thank you, my current game is saved, I can test my modification without resetting! :)

Back