• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] New ships and characters

iamgorg

Landlubber
A gift to the community sits waiting on the FTP site in the CoAS Mods folder:

COAS_Characters adds 33 playable toons to the game. It includes 6 fully functional females, Jack, Will and Barabosa from the POTC movie. 8 of the male toons including Jack and Will have full model sets including cirasses. 3 of the male toons have alternate musket animations if you want to enable muskets. Also activates the Master, Inquisitor and Secret Agent classes that were in the game but not available.
Approx 82mb in size

COAS_Ships adds 46 new ships to the game, all are complete with sailorpoints, balanced and have been tested in port, combat, openseas, and storms and non-unique are available though shipyards at appropriate levels.
Approx 562mb in size

COAS_Ships_Stats is an excel spreadsheet listing/comparing all the ships in the game and their stats

COAS_combinedpic is a picture.ini file that allows both the above mods to be used at the same time.

I recommend JSME plugin manager but it is not needed. Remember to always backup your files if not using JSME.

For the records I did not make any of these and take no credit at all. All credit belongs to the many talented individuals that made these models, must of them Russian and German. What I did do was clean them up, make them compatable, create some sailorpoints, translate, create missing scripts, etc whatever was needed to make them work.
In the end just housekeeping.

Enjoy

BTW feel free to use, edit, do whatever with this, i just put it all togther in 1 place so you didn't have to spend 2 weeks searching the web and translating russian and german.

Can you please post screenshots :D

I want to see some of the ships, Jack, Will and Barbossa ;)

Here is some quickshots from gmviewer, these models are from a russian aop2 mod

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 517
  • will.jpg
    will.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 505
  • barbosa.jpg
    barbosa.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 446
Cool :D

Just so you know Damski62 is working on porting the model "Jack" from the Build Mod to CoAS and will be worth having to ;)

I have work so will post screenshot after work ;)

Here it is:
l_9e6229a5a2e14fa88a85b9f09db9985e.jpg

Those Jack, Will and Barbossa models are old. We've got better ones in the Build Mod. ;)

It seems I can't download the ships file. The progress bar goes all the way and then it gives me a timeout error and disconnects me from the ftp. :(

Please HELP! I'm new here. I'm sorry, but i can't find download link :modding
Where can I download this. Thanks... :)

Is anybody actually USING the CoAS FTP?
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/

Anyway, here's the files from the original author:
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/CoAS_Mods/

Hey people. I downloaded the characters. But there is a problem. Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa. They sit when they are struck by a attack( the one that is the most powerful) I mean the ataack which do holding Shift and the middle mouse button. Did you intentionally make it like that or is it a buG?

Hey people. I downloaded the characters. But there is a problem. Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa. They sit when they are struck by a attack( the one that is the most powerful) I mean the ataack which do holding Shift and the middle mouse button. Did you intentionally make it like that or is it a buG?

cant answer that question, I did not make them. They are from a russian mod for aop2, I just ported them and have not played them in the game other than just loading and running around. I will check it tho.

I have been working/playing mostly with the 3 characters that have musket animations and a couple of the females and those do work completely.

cant answer that question, I did not make them. They are from a russian mod for aop2, I just ported them and have not played them in the game other than just loading and running around. I will check it tho.

I have been working/playing mostly with the 3 characters that have musket animations and a couple of the females and those do work completely.

Just tried Jack Sparrow ingame, no other mods loaded, went to tavern and sat down, walked, ran, swam, then went to cave in jungle and attacked skeletons, all 3 attacks,3 defenses, and pistol worked perfectly. Not sure why it is not working for you.

It seems I can't download the ships file. The progress bar goes all the way and then it gives me a timeout error and disconnects me from the ftp. :(

I just tried it using the link Pieter posted and it worked ok, try again and if you still have problems I can break it into smaller chunks for you.

Very good mod, just tried a game with Barbosa, i notices that sometimes when he receives sword damage he goes underground for a moment (he seems to be sitting) and then almost immediately he returns to normal, its nothing too serious but i thought i should mention it.

I´ve downloaded the ship-folder from the FTP and i ´ve got some questions.

1. I´d like to use only half of the ships, what progam-files/lines do I have to change and how, in order to make it run stable?

2. I noticed a script called "merchant on map", I ´d like to expand it to all units, which are spawned on the map, in order to grant that only some shiptypes can be used for a specific nation, so that all kinds of encounters are effected by this script, but what lines must I add/change??

Back