• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Point of Sail upgrade, Color Sails mods and other fixes

bna

Sailor Apprentice
Here are my addons and fixes to Combined Mod v3.2.1

MODS
1. Added Point of Sail upgrade at Bermuda shipyard:
Additional Point of Sail entry in standard Master Alexis upgrade dialogue. Sailcloth and hemp are required.

2. Color Sails Mod:
Added ability to change sail color. Double-click on sail icon in Ship menu (F2). 9 different colors available.

3. Sail Emblems Mod:
Added ability to change (add) sail emblem. Same menu as for sail color. 5 standard emblems available. Custom emblems can be added indefinitely (add 512x512 .tga-file converted to .tx to \RESOURCE\Textures\NET\Sails)
Sails Mods are based on Philippe Couleur Voiles mod.

Fixes:
1. Duplication of player hero: player could meet himself/herself in tavern and hire him/her as officer -- fixed
2. Flying Dutchman captured as prize during Ship of Souls quest now has correct parameters.
3. Broken Danielle Sheppard portraits fixed
4. Broken 36lb. cannon description in Ship menu fixed
5. Broken dialogue with Store-owner regarding Merchant Winds quest fixed.
6. Cannons upgrade at Bermuda fixed

Also added some "third party" fixes:
1. Broken ship icons and officer's portraits fixed (fix by Jonathan Aldridge)
2. Merchant Winds logbook entry bug fixed (fix by buho)

Have no idea where should I store this file, so placed it to one of the hostings available for me.
Please let me know if I should place it to different storage.
Fixes_to_CMV3.2.1_by_bna

P.S. I can easily modify this mod for GoF but it's useless until 1.2 released.

P.P.S. I recommend to use JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler for easy add/backup/restore any mods in automatic mode.

Nice fixes and features but why are you making these fixes for CMV when in GOF most of those bugs was fixed?

Nice fixes and features but why are you making these fixes for CMV when in GOF most of those bugs was fixed?
These fixes in GoF are made based on my posts here and on bug tracker, so I've just published what I already had for CMV.
And the main part is new mods -- for Point of Sail upgrade and color sails and emblems.
There are no such upgrade and emblems in GoF 1.1 and I believe in 1.2 too.

And I'm not ready to use GoF in its current version, I'm waiting for major bugs be fixed in 1.2.

*jumps up and down" yes yes...
these are TGA textures sight? so... i could in theory paint my own sails, right? right?

*jumps up and down" yes yes...
these are TGA textures sight? so... i could in theory paint my own sails, right? right?
You mean sail color or emblem?
Sail color is just RGB-color set as code, but for menu it uses tga-icons. For emblem you can add any file and convert it to .tx with the same parameters (alpha channel, bit depth, etc) as predefined files.

These fixes in GoF are made based on my posts here and on bug tracker, so I've just published what I already had for CMV.
And the main part is new mods -- for Point of Sail upgrade and color sails and emblems.
There are no such upgrade and emblems in GoF 1.1 and I believe in 1.2 too.

And I'm not ready to use GoF in its current version, I'm waiting for major bugs be fixed in 1.2.

Do you mind if we include your sail point upgrade in GOF 1.2? (or 1.3)
I've already restored the sail colour/emblem upgrade as a function of the pirate shipyard in 1.2, but adding your sail point upgrade would be great.

Do you mind if we include your sail point upgrade in GOF 1.2? (or 1.3)
I've already put in the sail colour upgrade as a function of the pirate shipyard in 1.2, but adding your sail point upgrade would be great.
Of course you can include this. If not difficult, give me a credit in documentation (Luke159 already promised me this for my first bug fix, but I cannot find anything in GoF, although my bug fix is definitely included there ;) )

Regarding sails -- have you included emblems also or only color?

And as for me, different sails color is firstly a method to identify quickly my ships between others in battle, so I need this feature in every shipyard at least, not some special one as "serious" tuning at Bermuda. So my F2 method suits my needs best although not very realistic :)

You was credited for a bug fix bud and what ever work of your is included you will be credited for, no one will try to take credit for something they didn't do. :onya

Ah thats why you can't find any reference to your bug fix the change log for GOF 1.0 is empty and i have no idea why. I am looking for information so that the change log can be replaced with a full up to date one for that version of GOF. But i don't think i uploaded a fully working copy of the change log before it was made into a exe. You was credited for your bug fix bud. :yes

Back