• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Real Time Battle Light

Looking forward to that, will test as well once it is released.

Thanks ;), the current version will be uploaded either later on tonight or omorrow which will be i hope the final release candidate with the final release been made a few day's to 1 week after testing has finished. Check back in a few hours if nothing has been uploaded by then, then it will be uploaded tomorrow. :onya

Update actually you can download it already without having to wait for me to upload it, you will need to download a few things but if you download and install first the Real Time Battle Version 1.3

Then download and install, All Ported Ships Combined Mod

Finally download and install RTBL Cannon Mod

If you do it in the order above you will end up with the current version of the RTBL mod, that would also mean the next upload will be the final upload which will be done once all fixes are made which are been worked on as we speak, the fixes are interrace pictures and cargo hold space and then a testing session which might take a day or two but the current build play's fine as it is, the cannons have been fixed so they all have pictures nowas you will see. :onya

Luke, Did you get my edits? :shrug If not here's the link.

http://www.filefront.com/15011683/ships_init.c

Hey, One thing in my testing you should be aware of. I know you said you were making some of the quest ships available at the shipyards. Well I ended up buying a corvette. Thought it was just a regular corvette, but it ended up being the quest corvette. Holy crap!!! THis thing is beautiful and the stats are what I can only describe as otherworldly. This thing has 42 pounders (how they would ever fit on a little corvette I don't know), and it has the cargo capacity of a large sized merchantman. It's almost as fast as the Bluebird. Its a class three ship that can challenge almost anything. I LOVE it, but it is just not realistic. I have no incentive to get a better ship and as a level 20 character I'm almost invincible with this thing. It's like dis ship is blessed by Calypso herself me be tinkin Matey! I still like the idea of them being available. It is the most beautiful corvette I've seen (looks like a miniature Arabella), but I think we either need to edit it to be more worldly or the chances of getting at a shipyard are rare. Been havin fun with it anyhow! xD: MK

Luke, Did you get my edits? :shrug If not here's the link.

http://www.filefront.com/15011683/ships_init.c

Hey, One thing in my testing you should be aware of. I know you said you were making some of the quest ships available at the shipyards. Well I ended up buying a corvette. Thought it was just a regular corvette, but it ended up being the quest corvette. Holy crap!!! THis thing is beautiful and the stats are what I can only describe as otherworldly. This thing has 42 pounders (how they would ever fit on a little corvette I don't know), and it has the cargo capacity of a large sized merchantman. It's almost as fast as the Bluebird. Its a class three ship that can challenge almost anything. I LOVE it, but it is just not realistic. I have no incentive to get a better ship and as a level 20 character I'm almost invincible with this thing. It's like dis ship is blessed by Calypso herself me be tinkin Matey! I still like the idea of them being available. It is the most beautiful corvette I've seen (looks like a miniature Arabella), but I think we either need to edit it to be more worldly or the chances of getting at a shipyard are rare. Been havin fun with it anyhow! xD: MK

Yes thank you that file is nice, the new value's are perfect. I have made a few edits (only to the max cannon calbures, nothing else) the other value's are perfect as i said thanks to your hard work. :will The War Tartan and Gunboat both now have a maximum calibure of 8 pounders, you will see some with 12 or 16 pounders but there are most likly going to be 8 pounders, they are fitted as standard with 4 pounders, which now work i had to edit a different file because the game would crash turned out to be the AI section of the game, anyway i have removed it so no ship has a maximum of 48 pounders but they can upgrade to them via the bermuda upgrades, if the max calibure was 48 pounders then they could upgrade to 92 pounders which would be rather annoying although i have limited the possiblities of them been used on ships due to costs and weight and reload times you would loose most or all of your cargo hold due to there weight and you would have to wait a long time for them to reload (can't make it to long though because forts use them and they have to be taken into account).

If it was possible (hopefully in a build mod one day) you could mount so many calibure types, like they did back in those day's. Then you might add 92 pounders to the bow and stern with 48 pounders on the lower deck(s) and 32 or 36 pounders on the top deck maybe lighter smaller cannons but that would be a nice mod. :keith

Or if someone could make that ship a new model and then we could use the new model with lower stats and the quest model could remain as it was (only available via the quest) i would have a go but not sure if i can do it. I wil have a little play later on today, now that i know how to edit the gm files with hex editor i might be able to change something so it acts as a different model.

I lowed the effects of grapeshot because i would use the same tactics in every battle ie, destroy there masts with chainshots, get close enough to use grapeshots and fire broadside after broadside of grapeshots till i could board the ship, i noticed most people found the crew was too easy to kill. So lowering the grapeshots hit value's ment longer drawn out battles, i still capture ships but it takes a little longer, however if you wish to test new value's out then you need to edit this part of the code from the file cannons configuration located in Age Of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI. As you can see the bomb is the second strongest shot type, it does 2.0 damage to ships hull's whill the round shot only does 1.5 and its the second best shot type for killing the crew.

Luke, I have been playing without your real time mod since I last posted here, and I can see why grapeshot has been nerfed. When fighting bigger ships in vanilla, it is way too easy to reduce their crew with grapeshot even if I have a lower class of ship. Now that I have a better grasp of sword fighting, boardings are easier too. I have gone a far way in my vanilla campaign, but as soon as its done I will reinstall your mod. Instead of using grapeshot straight away, I will take out sails and then try to reduce more crew from a distance with cannonballs or bombs before switching to grape. Thank you for making the battles more realistic. I will reinstall and post feedback soon.

Edit: Has anyone tried a fort battle with this mod? Does your cannon ammunition do enough damage to the fort before it sinks you?

Luke, I'm glad you like the cargo values. :drunk I did want to mention one thing to consider. If I could mod all the values of costs of goods and amounts available, I would've done it differently. This is one of those things that is better left alone because I think fun game play would suffer if we were totally historically authentic on the numbers.

In most cases with the values I provided, you can take the cargo capacity of the ship and divide it by 4 and come up with a fairly accurate historical tonnage for the ship. Most large galleons rarely exceeded 2500 tons in burthen. Just food for thought.... :rolleyes:

MK

Thank you the new cargo value's do look very good, and needed someone else to go over them because well i got some what carried away. xD: I compared the value's to the original and some ships the Fluyt and Galleon are bellow there value's which was interesting because your value's llok good and the vanilla value's made me think what the hell was i thinking with my value's then. :shrug

The final release is almost ready now, its been sometime in the making but its going good, and thank you Stowaway. :onya It was far too easy to take on ships of higher class, i took on a Galleon with a Sloop and lost hardly no crew my sails was almost untouched and the Galleon was in my fleet, i sailed around the Galleon firing broadside after broadside of grapeshot into her till she had next to no crew left then i boarded and captured her. Thats when i thourght that was far too easy, i could sail around in a damned Sllop and own the water's somethings not right there, so work on making that harder was put into action and i think everyone who's tried it so far are more than content to never go back to the vanilla which makes this mod so worth every second working on it worth while. :will :doff ;)

The final release for RTBL version 1.4 is now available to download, this will add more cannon and culverine calibures and unlock some that was previously locked. The cost for those guns have also been rased as have there weights, some mods have been added that was created by other people on this forum they are listed in the readme file with the mods they have made, thank you to those people i have had many hours of fun with there mods. This been the final release means that all bugs should now be fixed but more testing to make sure is required.

Real Time Battle Light Version 1.4

Can i suggest mediafire for the host ? no wait time and multiple downloads at the same time, plus greate speed for free... :onya

Can i suggest mediafire for the host ? no wait time and multiple downloads at the same time, plus greate speed for free... :onya

Thanks i will use that, and at least i will get a better idea of how many downloads RTBL and any other mods i've uploaded are been downloaded. :onya

Cool Luke, thanks a lot ! liked the site ? i've found it some time ago and it rocks !

The site is really nice, i have created an account so i could keep track of the amount of downloads. Thanks SuperChango for sharing, this is an amazing site. :onya :will

Hopefully you like the mod. ;)

It crashes on me :?
And to make it a little more painful... you've put in there all the others mods i wanted...

ahhh... ups... :facepalm
Crap... i get the same wait 20 minutes everytime, and at about 2 minutes, it resets back to 20... i'ts because of my crappy 3G connection with shared IP

Still no luck... now says that i can get trough the countdown, says the bandwidth is exeeded... tough luck...

Edit: Downloading the first file at least !!!! :dance :woot

Still no luck... now says that i can get trough the countdown, says the bandwidth is exeeded... tough luck...

Ok i will reupload it but to mediafire for you and anyone else having the same problems. It should be ready for you in a few hours. Megaupload is taking the p**s now, 800MB's isn't that much i know sometimes if you download alot from MU then you have to wait about 1 hour before you can start downloading again but if you haven't downloaded anything then it just shows how perthetic MU is getting now. :modding

Excellent, thats 1 down 2 to go but 1 is through mediafire so that shoulod be fine its the 800MB one thats the problem now, i think i will have to split that 800MB into 2 400MB parts for better download speeds.

Back