• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Relations: LoM Price and Governor Ship Hunting

Rather than say that they specifically reduce LoM price, have the governor say that working for him proves your loyalty to his nation and improves your standing. And have the LoM dialog perhaps say something like "Due to your standing with our nation, the price will be X". Let the player figure out how to put the two together. ;) (If the smuggler-busting quest is also available, perhaps that too can raise your relation.)
This should do, no?
Code:
"Oh yes? There are some hostiles in our waters. You could prove your loyalty to me by helping with this.",
"Due to your standing with our nation and to recompense my time in presenting your case to ",

I'd probably have had line 1, sentence 2 say "You could prove your loyalty to our nation by helping with this.", the idea being to drop a hint to the player that this is linked to the LoM price. For added polish, have it name the nation. Case "leave" seems to do this by splitting the text in two and putting 'GetNationRoyalByType(iNation)' between the two parts. Other than that, :onya

I'd probably have had line 1, sentence 2 say "You could prove your loyalty to our nation by helping with this.", the idea being to drop a hint to the player that this is linked to the LoM price. For added polish, have it name the nation. Case "leave" seems to do this by splitting the text in two and putting 'GetNationRoyalByType(iNation)' between the two parts. Other than that, :onya
I was admittedly going for the laziest solution there. Didn't have much time nor much energy yesterday.
Maybe next week....

Splitting a text file would involve renumbering all the lines in "governor.c" which refer to later text lines. Alternatively, case "LoMb" has this:
Code:
Preprocessor_Add("gov_nation", XI_ConvertString(GetNationNameByType(iNation)));
And then "governor.h" uses "#sgov_nation#" to name the nation. Perhaps do likewise in your new version of the ship-hunting quest dialog?

Back