• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[RELEASE] Gunboat!

Skeleton Bob

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
Storm Modder
Soon to be released:

GUNBOAT / LANDING BARGE

gunboat1.jpg

Stay tuned!

:b:

Yes, they can be fired, but they are actually 12 pounders at the moment:

gunboat3.jpg
[/img]

:b: Excellent!

I'm all in favor of THIS baby!

It'll make my Tartane Takeovers more fun... Have ta call 'em Gunboat Grabbin'!

Yeah looks real nice......but what purpose will it have?

Very nice. Gunboats like that used to row out in a calm and raid merchant shipping off the coasts. Very common in the Med both by Naval Cutting out parties as well as the corsairs. Well done fellas.

Ahh very nice indeed!

Nice elongated Boat :D I really love the swivel Guns!

Question:

Did you use an existing walk file, or make a new one alltogether?

And if this is a new one, can you enlighten us as to how?

Thanks!

Nice job indeed! Looks like we gona start building armadas of Gunboats soon :b:

Hi mates!

<!--`QuoteBegin-KevO44`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevO44)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yeah looks real nice......but what purpose will it have?[/quote]

It will probably replace Tartane2 ..... (?)

<!--`QuoteBegin-dHerblay`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dHerblay)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Will it be possible to have a 12 lbs gun at the front and 8 or 4 lbs for the swivels?[/quote]

Don't think so ..... Coders help! :D

<!--`QuoteBegin-jmv575`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmv575)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is that a lateen rig?[/quote]

Yup. Is there a problem with that? :b::

<!--`QuoteBegin-Suraknar`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Suraknar)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Did you use an existing walk file, or make a new one alltogether?

And if this is a new one, can you enlighten us as to how?"[/quote]

walk file?
If you mean the path.gm, I used a modified path.gm from a tartane because the boat doesn't have one.
But it's actually very simple to model a new path.gm

I'll write a tutorial on shipmaking/exporting within the next days, because i had a very hard time figuring out the `locators-setup` in maya for example.

OK, now some questions to you coders out there:

Why is the Gunboat displayed as Class 0 instead of 7 ?
Is it possible to make the swivel guns ..... swivel guns (codewise)?
Can someone help me with packaging the boat with the `mod-patcher` tool?

Skeleton Bob

Hello Skeleton Bob,

No I am not talking about the "Path" I am talking about the "walk.c" files that make the Low Polygon Sailors walk on your Deck, using the delimitation of the path file of cource.

Did you use the "Tartane" walk.c files as well, or did you make a new one?

The reason I ask is because it is the only thing that Escapes me at the moment in making new Ships.

As you can see the Export Process is all covered as per:

- UPDATE - 26/01/2004 -

Hello all, would like to announce that the Ship Export Process is now Complete.

The Prototype bellow "Gunboat" is the platform upon which the tests for the discovery of the process were made.

And we are all very happy to report that preliminary Testing has revealed it performs perfectly in its intended role. :D

Thus, the first New Model Ship is born in our PotC Modding community, alas, this ship will never be published, as it is not polished, however it opens the way to many exciting possibilities now and many different Ships.

As for a Gunboat Class such as this, there will be a polished version soon to be available. I was first inspired by this from a post Fred Bob made, and it was an honor to make this breakthrough using that concept 8)

:b::

Cheers to all!

gunboat5.jpg

Special Thanks to:

- Akella for making this game, and for permiting their tools to be available, which contributes to making a Moding community flourish!

- Russian Moder's Community for providing and bringing many of those tools to our side of the planet!

- Of cource, to this modding community and its players!

- To all the members of the PMT!

Many thanks and appreciation!

In this Progress Thread:

http://www.thelib.com/yabbse/index.php?boa...d=1558;start=90

But making NEW walk files is a problem right now, and for a ship such as this, USS Sabine

sabinesh1.jpg

sabinesh2.jpg

sabinesh3.jpg

Have tried to figure it out with Nathan but apparently something really escapes us, so if you can be of help in that regard, maybe all together we can find a solution. :)

Hi there. Wow that looks very nice! :b: But if it comes with the build, will the cabin at sea be available?(seems kinda strange)

Woot!

Looks like we discovered the (as you call it) "export process" completely independently and simultanuosly! :b:

Regarding ihe walk.c file:
I was pretty sure that the lomen got their path from the path.gm file cause when I modified the path.gm I thought that they changed their path automatically according to the file. But if you say this isn't so ....? :D:

I'll have a look at this problem, too.

btw, beautiful ship you have made there, Duke!

After finishing the gunboat, I'll start modeling something bigger, probably a Xebec or a Schooner.

Maybe we should work together to exchange knowledge ... 'n' stuff... :)

Skeleton Bob 8) *excited*

<!--`QuoteBegin-M_de_Ruyter`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(M_de_Ruyter)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi there. Wow that looks very nice! :b:  But if it comes with the build, will the cabin at sea be available?(seems kinda strange)[/quote]

erm... yup ....
But you encounter this problem in a tartane, too, don't you? :p

Back