• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Remus77 Christianus/Trinity

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys when you have the time would you be able to convert the Remus77 Christianus Sixtus or Trinity as it is better known as for the build mod?

I made my own abyssmal attempt at converting this ship myself after somebody suggested that I try it. Well the ship converting tutorial appeared pretty straight forward, maya itself proved more complicated than I first thought .

I embarrasingly only got as far as opening and closing the program (How sad is that? :facepalm ) I couldn't even load the model even after the hex editor adjustment so I couldn't even make a start.

I unfortunately don't have the time or the patience to try another round at this time and now that I think about it a 98-gun ship of the line I'm pretty sure isn't a smart thing for a total noob at these things to try to tackle as a first project so if someone else could take it from here that would be great.

If I take her on, it will probably be a long time before I actually get round to working on her. :facepalm
I have so many other projects on the go or on hold at the moment, and adding more is not ideal.

Having said that, I might be able to start on her in between projects, depending on how important they are.
I'll make no promises, but I'll make it very clear that I'd prefer a more experienced modeller to take her on.

i think id be willing to take her on, but only after I have enough experience with the conversion process from my 3 finished ships and maybe the centurion or st albans.

Well as long as SOMEBODY eventually tackles her. It would be just awful for SeaNorris to have gone to all that trouble to get Remus77 to let us have his ships for nothing.

We should get the Trinity as well as the other Remus77 ships ingame as soon as conveniently possible as they are ALL good ships, even the unicorn looks different enough form Pgargon's awsome version to make a good frigate variant.

Well, I managed to start sorting her out in Maya, but I'm a bit confused by which textures to use for each material.
I think there are some missing textures that I need; I only have 'Wood', 'Metal' and 'Custom texture'.
Could anyone who knows more about PotBS ships' textures help me out, here? :shrug

Well, I managed to start sorting her out in Maya, but I'm a bit confused by which textures to use for each material.
I think there are some missing textures that I need; I only have 'Wood', 'Metal' and 'Custom texture'.
Could anyone who knows more about PotBS ships' textures help me out, here? :shrug

There are planking textures missing. The most simple way is to use Raa and Poseidon planking textures, because they are from PotBS too.

I had wondered whether those textures would work. It just wasn't clear which textures to put where on this ship.
I'll try them out and see if they work, anyway. :yes

How's the texture work going there Armada? :hmm
I have a feeling I'm getting somewhere:

CS_WIP1.jpg

Does that look familiar to you...? ;)

The rendering isn't perfect in some areas, because you're effectively looking at just over 100,000 polygons, and in Maya that seems to be quite a lot!
I think I just need to add the cannons, make a path model, and export the model parts separately.
Then I might have to ask someone like Craiggo to handle the locators, probably by modifying those from a similar-sized ship.

How's the texture work going there Armada? :hmm
I have a feeling I'm getting somewhere:

[attachment=7746:CS_WIP1.jpg]

Does that look familiar to you...? :wink.

OH does she ever. :woot

All she needs now is an a 2nd variant with a white base hull. a dark brown trim, and a copper waterline hull along with my PotBS guild sails (which I took the liberty of porting to PotC in anticipation of this project) and my flagship is REAAAADY! :wub:

The blue top highlight is a nice touch as well. :yes

AWSOME work armada. :onya

I shall be tracking this one with great interest.

OH does she ever. :woot

All she needs now is an a 2nd variant with a white base hull. a dark brown trim, and a copper waterline hull along with my PotBS guild sails (which I took the liberty of porting to PotC in anticipation of this project) and my flagship is REAAAADY! :wub:

The blue top highlight is a nice touch as well. :yes

AWSOME work armada. :onya

I shall be tracking this one with great interest.
That's a good sign then! I'll try to keep you updated as and when I finish the various stages. :doff

That's a good sign then! I'll try to keep you updated as and when I finish the various stages. :doff

Please do sir. :bow

I wish to sail her again soon here in PotC as I ended up permanently parking my PotBS version out of respect for all the new players who have no chance of getting one themselves...never to sail again.

She was only 3 days old!:cry

I actually saved your posted pic of her to for inspiration.

I hear this project is helping you make new discoveries in field of ship texturing there Armada, Congrats mate. :doff

Ya I skimmed over the Neptunus privateer thread to see if there was any reported bugs with that ship or if it was "Just me" as an attempt of mine to port the ship to PotC crashed. :modding

looks like this ship project is serving additional purposes. :cheeky

Indeed, I didn't know about tiling texture files themselves until now. I learnt how to use Maya mostly from experimentation, so I'm still picking things up. :dance
We've also got some ideas already for how to integrate the ship into PotC, because she has great potential!

I just hope now that the export process, when I get there, runs smoothly.
The last thing we want is for the ship to convert badly so it causes beeps in-game, or worse still, gets corrupted so TOOL won't open it to add the locators.
I've had instances of that recently, and I don't want more repeats of it... :facepalm

Here's a question for you, and anyone else: what class name should we give her?
Obviously we could use 'Trinity class 2nd Rate', but I feel as though we're almost copying from PotBS too much.
I know we did that for the Poseidon, but for one ship it's fine. For several ships, though, it seems a bit much to me.

Here's a question for you, and anyone else: what class name should we give her?
Obviously we could use 'Trinity class 2nd Rate', but I feel as though we're almost copying from PotBS too much.
I know we did that for the Poseidon, but for one ship it's fine. For several ships, though, it seems a bit much to me.

Well we COULD call it by it's true name, The Christianus Sixius or Sixtus 2nd rate for short or simply 98-gun SoTL.

But personally I'd simply stick with "Trinity 2nd Rate" myself.

I myself wouldn't worry about feeling like a ripoff artest now concidering PotBS don't even use the ship much anymore.
I find it hard to respect a game and company that doesn't really respect it's player base back.

But then again I CAN be kinda spiteful like that at times to those who deserve it. :razz

Like a wonderful child taken away from their drunken, neglectful, and abusive parents and given to true loving foster parents the Trinity has found a new home. :piratesahoy!

Back