• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Remus77 Christianus/Trinity

The files Hylie provided in this post are the most up-to-date.
As for a walk file, I was really hoping someone else would give it a go. I doubt I'd be able to make one alongside the extra Rossiya textures before the weekend.

Speaking of textures, I noticed in the latest Ships_init file we still only have one Trinity version. Do you think we could add at least one of Noriruru's alternate paint schemes?

Thanks, I'll make sure to be using Hylie's files.

For the walk file, she will probably have to do without then. Oh well, so be it. Wouldn't be the first time we add a new ship model without crew, so no worries there.

If somebody sets up the texture variants, I'll include them too of course.

Is this ship going to require a national identifier as part of her folder name for clarity's sake? Is it correct that she is a British ship with British colour scheme?
If so, she should be "RN_Trinity".

Her standard colour scheme does seem to match better with several of our earlier French ones though. But that's just a coincidence, I suppose?

I think it's more of a generic paint scheme, and a coincidence that I had the British flag displayed in the screenshots.
It would probably work for England and France, and Noriruru's TrinityCS version would be better for Holland and possibly Spain or Portugal.

In ships_init.c she's set up for England only. Is that then not correct?

Where is the link to Noriruru's work again?

Looks the archives with Trinity have missing cannon textures... Where can i get them separately?

nvm, got some texture pack containing them

Is that the same one you made last year? In that case, I've got the file. :doff

I had my first battle with the Trinity tonight! She was a hard nut to crack! :dance MK

start_130308_0211165.JPGstart_130308_0221497.JPGstart_130308_0222199.JPGstart_130308_0249029.JPG

Here are my suggestions for the national paint scheme versions.

Original version becomes French:
FR_Trinity.jpg

Portuguese:
PO_Trinity.jpg

British Royal Navy:
RN_Trinity.jpg

Spanish:
SP_Trinity.jpg

Anyone got any comments or suggestions?
And Armada, can you work with the above for the interface screenshots?

The latter three versions seem to be older than the current one; the rigging looks unfinished, lacking a few ropes. Could you redo the last three with the current (Beta 2.3) version of the ship?

Looks good! for the Portuguese version, would it be possible to restrict the white to the same part that is blue on the French version? and have the rest the same color as the Spanish version? just might be more realistic for the era. and is that green on the Spanish version? wouldn't that be best for a dutch version? I personally think red or black would look best for that particular section of the Spanish version, but that's just a guess

Strangely enough, that Spanish version DID look red when I checked in the GM Viewer. Turned green by the time I got her in the game.
But indeed, based on that, she does look more Dutch than Spanish. :facepalm

I've got no clue how to adjust the paint scheme for the Portuguese version; Noriruru did all those repaints.

Armada, it's quite possible the repaints use older rigging versions.
Do you know if the rigging adjustments also changed the hull GM file or just the masts/reys?
If just those, it's easily replaced; but otherwise, I have to HEX-edit the GM files again.
Just want to make sure if that's necessary or not.

After using a magnifying glass on those screenies I would say that only the 1st one is using my rigging upgrade from 6 months ago. Yes I changed some locators on the hull too. Sorry about that.

Very well then. At least then redoing the hull GM files is not going to be a waste of time. Always good to know you're not wasting time. ;)

Back