• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Remus77 Postillionen

Rider88

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
P19.jpg

P20.jpg

P21.jpg

P22.jpg

P23.jpg

Postillionen v1.01

What is she? A 22 gun brig? The main rigging looks clean. That's a big flagpole. Are the mizzen sail and lateen connected? Sorry to go techie on you. She will be a welcome addition. :onya

Well well!

Remus77 boat #2 on the way, awsome. :cheers

Looking good mate.

The Trinity, now the Postillionen, excellent.

The Postillionen brings back memories as this ship is the first real taste of real power for many a PotBS player.

It certainly was for me.

I'm heading to Edmonton to spend Christmas with my folks soon.

And from what Rider88's ETA is on this one it sounds I'll have something to look forward to when I get back. :cheeky

I so hope that the San Fernando is next.

thats a ship not a brig, there are 3 masts xD:
Good choice Rider88, this was my favorite ship when I played potbs!
all these conversions you are doing will fill out the early-mid 1700s very nicely :dance

Here are some updates:
- Guns added
- Cab interior added
- Handling lever added
- Model mistakes fixed

P5.jpg

P6.jpg

P7.jpg

P8.jpg

P9.jpg

P10.jpg

P11.jpg

P12.jpg

So she is ready for exporting to .gm and I'm going to do this today.

Wow done already? :woot

Nicely Done! :yes

Are you planning to take on the San Fernando or Arcadia Xebec after?

I do hope that the mizzen sail and lateen are not attached to each other.

She does look like a very capable ship.

Wow done already? :woot

Nicely Done! :yes

Are you planning to take on the San Fernando or Arcadia Xebec after?

Arcadia will be next one.

I do hope that the mizzen sail and lateen are not attached to each other.

She does look like a very capable ship.

Mizzen and lateen sails are separate. Only the lower and upper yards of mizzen sail are attached to each other.

An update here.
Postillionen is in game already and I am working on rigging.

P14.jpg

P15.jpg

P16.jpg

But there's a problem. When I try to create a rey_b1 locator on mast1 with the next parameters:

rey_b1 geometry 0 6,1 4,75 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0
The TOOL displays an error and if I save the gm that way it becomes corrupted and can't be open again. rey_a1 works OK so I don't know the solution at the moment.

That is a great looking ship. :2up

TOOL sometimes messes up. I regularly need to re-install it. Or, could something in that rey be out of range? Is it a new rey or did you take or from somewhere else and try to relocate it?

The problem is solved. It was just something wrong with export from Maya. I've re-exported the bowsprit and then attached the rey_b1 without any problems. So I keep working further.

P17.jpg

P18.jpg

I love what you have so far, but when you rig the mizzen sail, I'm wondering whether it might be possible to rig it with an invisible boom, so it behaves more like the game's spanker sails. The lateen sails' sheets are static ingame, preventing the sail from being set on a realistic tack.
I think you might get more of this kind of effect that way:
1237916416443157221papapishu_lateen_sails.svg.med.png

Edit:To clarify, the lateen sail on the mizzen should just be called the mizzen sail, unless you are adding a mizzen course. (impossible w/ the lateen's gaff) The squares'l above the lateen is the mizzen tops'l. (Because I later saw the discussion of the "mizzen sail" and "mizzen lateen" above.)

What's the latest on this ship? :hmm

Has she been released yet or is there still some work to do on her? :mm

Back