• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rendering Issue Is It A Windows 7 Problem?

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I have recently been testing the new beta patch out for GOF 2. Anyway I was onboard the ship in the harbour when after 2 or 3 minutes the screen froze, I checked the logs and I got this same message been repeated over and over (roughly about 20+ entries).

DX8RENDER::LockVertexBuffer
The device is lost and cannot be restored at the current time, so rendering is not possible

That is a very rare problem. So rare that I can not remember exactly what causes it. :modding

It could be a corrupt install.

It could be corrupt video card drivers.

It could be a video card going bad.

It could be a power supply going bad and not supplying quite enough power. I had this problem some years ago and replaced a perfectly good video card before figuring it out. I also have a new PSU on the way and it is supposed to be delivered this evening. It seems they slowly wear out and lose power over a period of years.

Thanks, I found the problem in engine.ini I forgot to change the value from 1 to 0 for winnowed mode. I will test soon to make sure that was the problem, I expect it to because when I play a game it tries to minimise it and COAS is known for crashing when been minimised in less the value I pointed out above is done.

Back