• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Reopen Artois Vossey quest

Caylus

Landlubber
Hey guys,

Love the mod! Can't imagine how many hours went into it!

I have a problem with Artois though. When I arrive at Sao Jorge Port, I should get auto dialogue how he suddenly disappeared if I remember correctly. No such luck though.

Even if I bring him as an equipped officer, he doesn't disappear so I can't continue with the quest.
His quest also seems to be closed (green tick mark).

I do get that fast travel is disabled in that port "because something will happen here", so it's still triggering something when I arrive there!

Is it possible to reopen the quest with a console command (remove the green tick and replace it with a question mark)? That might fix things.

PS: Unrelated question, but I've got a LoM of every nation (except pirates). The English are going to hate my guts for a while though in a few missions (Silehard shenanigans). Does that mean I lose my LoM and the progress I made with my promotions?

PPS: Blackbeard's blade is the best. It rocks. Makes naval warfare a loooooot easier!

Hi @Caylus,

What exact modpack version are you running?
Please include version number AND date from your main game menu.

What is the most recent questbook entry for Artois?

If you upset your own nation or one of its allies, you'll be sure they won't take kindly to it.
You might find yourself a pirate very soon!

Hey Pieter, thanks for the quick reaction!

I'm running build 14 beta 4.1.
(BTW, when I tried downloading Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 1: Installation Wizard file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean Window defender (running Windows 10) removed it as (what I presume is a false positive) potential virus. Beta 4.1 gave no problems downloading!)

The last quest entry is "I should take him with me everywhere and keep a close look at him".

Aaahh a pity. So I should finish the main campaign fast like so after that I can pay to restore my relations with England again? I'm assuming that I then start off as cadet again after I restore my relations, and not my former rank?

I'm running build 14 beta 4.1
Which date does it say? There have been different versions of that.

BTW, when I tried downloading Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 1: Installation Wizard file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean Window defender (running Windows 10) removed it as (what I presume is a false positive) potential virus. Beta 4.1 gave no problems downloading!
That's quite weird! I made both installers in the same way.
Haven't a clue why they'd be in any way different.
Unless Defender decided that ModDB itself cannot be trusted or something. :shock

So I should finish the main campaign fast like so after that I can pay to restore my relations with England again? I'm assuming that I then start off as cadet again after I restore my relations, and not my former rank?
If I recall, we did put some code in place to fix your relations with England again once the main quest completes.

Oh sorry! I forgot to take a look at the date.

I downloaded everything from the link of your signature a week ago, so... 7 January 2017?

Yeah it was really weird, because if I downloaded the 3.4 installer from ModDB windows defender didn't complain either. It was only the 4.0 version it didn't like.

Is it normal though that there are no officers with you in the Sao Jorge port? (As in, they're still on the officer list but they're not following you around).

Is it normal though that there are no officers with you in the Sao Jorge port? (As in, they're still on the officer list but they're not following you around).
Sounds like they might temporarily be removed there for quest purposes.
Odd...

Have you any other sidequests active? And have you done the "Collector" sidequest?

Let's see... earliest savefile I could find I have Strange things Going on In the Caribbean active, and haven't done the collector sidequest.
In a later save I have done the collector sidequest.

It might have been caused by having all three officers slots filled when Artois joined on Nevis? So he became a passenger instead of an officer, I think.

EDIT: Of course, afterwards I made sure to equip him as an officer.

Last edited:
Let's see... earliest savefile I could find I have Strange things Going on In the Caribbean active, and haven't done the collector sidequest.
In a later save I have done the collector sidequest.
Is the "Artois Voysey" quest still open in that earlier save?

It might have been caused by having all three officers slots filled when Artois joined on Nevis? So he became a passenger instead of an officer, I think.
That would prevent Artois from walking off, but shouldn't close the quest or prevent you from trying again. The bit about Artois Voysey leaving is triggered when Artois is in Sao Jorge port, which he won't be if he isn't one of your active officers following you around. Having landed with three other officers, you should be able to go into the town centre, use the "Passengers" screen to assign Artois as an officer, then you walk back to the port and he should then leave.

Yes, the quest is still open, but he's still not leaving (he's just not there, as are the rest of the officers).

When I move to the next area, he joins me again.

Really weird!

Is the "Collector" sidequest active in that savegame, or not started at all? Are any other sidequests active? And is that the one where "Artois Voysey" is active but he, and all other officers, disappear when you are in Sao Jorge port?

Not started at all. Strange things Going on In the Caribbean is the only other sidequest active. And yes, he and the other officers disappear already in that savefile. I can upload the savefile if that's of use to you? (Jan 2017 build 14)

"Solved" this problem by switching to the new version of August so I needed a new save XD

Artois now does what he's supposed to (after I started from scratch).

Back