• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress Repairing Bad Ropes

Returning to the Battlefrigates.

As currently in game they show no bad rope logs but dropping in the revised masts from the USS_Constitution does produce bad ropes (3 if I remember correctly)) so I don't think it is worth the change. Perhaps if @Hylie Pistof wants to look at them sometime to see if they even need whatever the tweak was he did on the Constitution otherwise they stay as they are for my money.

Fine - It would allow me to correct any more easily if (or when) I find I have messed up. Are you happy for just the changed elements in each folder rather than moving unchanged stuff back and forth across the ether?
Depends.... As long as you're only editing existing files, that should be fine.
If you're removing files though, it might be different because you can't remove anything just by adding files. ;)

Do I still need to zip them?
Not necessarily, but does save space. I normally do ZIP all files on the FTP as well.

Returning to the Battlefrigates.

As currently in game they show no bad rope logs but dropping in the revised masts from the USS_Constitution does produce bad ropes (3 if I remember correctly)) so I don't think it is worth the change. Perhaps if @Hylie Pistof wants to look at them sometime to see if they even need whatever the tweak was he did on the Constitution otherwise they stay as they are for my money.

When I did the Connie I ASSumed that the other versions were the same but with different textures. Since you have proven that is not the case, then messing with them is indeed a bad idea.

What I did to the Connie was improve the spritsails and repair a bad rope on mast2.

Things have been quiet but work is slowly getting done. I am still working on the HMS_Surprise and am probably half done. It looks like there are enough other ships to keep me occupied for the rest of the year. :type1

This is where I left off last night. I'm working on the top center stay sail. POTC FX 2015-11-23 21-16-38-85.jpg

Well now I'm a little lost. @pedrwyth has been doing so many ships that I no longer know which one to do next. I looked into the SP_Warship but the hull has the "model can not be read" bug, so I see no reason to bother with it.

As far as I'm concerned any with more than about 10 rope errors or /and bad textures, but here's the list as I currently have it.

Attachments

• Bad Rope Ships WIP.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 166
Thanks. I need a current list to work off of, although if it takes me nearly a week per ship any list will be obsolete.

The Bellona is up next. The bad ropes are gone and the mainsails adjusted. This might be the very best ship PGargon ever did. He always did great hulls but rushed the rigging and messed it up. This ship isn't too bad, but the bowsprit alone will probably take 3 days.
POTC FX 2015-11-24 20-51-38-65.jpg

Still recovering from Thanksgiving but did manage to get a little work done. She still looks dorky, but less dorky than before.
POTC FX 2015-11-29 12-12-57-21.jpg

All of the sails attached to the bowsprit need more work, especially the ones hanging underneath it. Then pretty much all of the other stay sails.

Perhaps you would be interested in doing the Constitution? As near as I can tell there are only 3 versions, the US, RN, and FR versions. The RN and FR are called battlefrigates. All I changed were mast1m mast2, and some locators on the main hull GM.

Here is a link to it. Unfortunately this is the COAS version so all GMs have an extra "1" added to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tp...GOF2 after patch 1.2/USS_Constitution.7z?dl=0
Is there still something that should be done with these files?
I don't think they made it into my game....

Err, I don't really remember. All I remember is that the Connie is different from the battlefrigates, so what I did is for that ship only. All it needs to be put into POTC is for a "1" to be removed from all the GMs.

But it IS an improvement then that should go into the game?
The renaming can be arranged. :cheeky

Just an update that real life has me by the short and curlies and I can't concentrate on the ship, so have not touched it in a few days. :oops:

Back