• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Repel the English Squadron attacking Bridgetown

CeDxLatino

Powder Monkey
Simple. When the 3 ships attack Bridgetown, I hardly managed to sink the big one, but then the other two just left, leaving me stupidly there, with no sails. I just couldn't catch up with both ships and just stayed there. Anyone has a solution? It's also super difficult and the boarding part is super long and difficult when with ships of that size.

Thank you.

I am trying and trying but still can't do anything.

They don't even try to go after the fort or myself, I started chasing the smallest ship who started to run, it went faster than me so I went back to Bridgeport and mysteriously, the whole squadron disappeared. I still had some alerts that they're sinking other ships that are around.

Is there any way I can cheat this out so I can move on with the storyline? Like, edit my save, change the three ships HPs and just sink them out?

EDIT: And another atempt. I managed to sink two ships then the third started to roam around, as soon as it had only few HPs, it ran away and never came back. And there I am, still stuck.

Last edited:
Unless you're playing on the highest difficulty settings, once the enemy ship is out of range and the compass icon is back on the screen, you should be able to use "Sail To" to go after the remaining enemy ship.

I have an Aurora class Frigate, which is obviously not good enough to take on those ships. But I manage to survive by roaming around the small gulf of Bridgetown, and help myself with the Fort shots. I am playing on Mariner, I think? And when the ships go away I can't even sail to them. Like, I managed to bring down the two big ones. Then the small one just goes away and I got no sails anymore to catch it.

The problem is not my ship, the problem is that the game or mod is broken. I should be able to move on even if they run away. Now if I don't sink those three ships, I can wait an eternity, waiting for those ships to be brought down somewhere in the Caribbean while I'm on x20 speed.

Boarding a big ship is tough but it's probably the only way you're going to win. You'll be lucky to sink two battleships while you're sailing a frigate. But if you and your officers are well equipped and skilled in melee combat, you should be able to capture the lot. At "Mariner" level, you should be facing two battleships and a corvette. You can try capturing the corvette first, as that's the one most likely to run away. Or you can capture one of the battleships, use it to try to sink the corvette, then capture the remaining battleship.

(You won't have been able to capture Bridgetown fort while sailing an Aurora class frigate. Did you sell another ship, berth it in the shipyard, or put one of your officers in command of it?)

Back