• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] Personal Stash

Evilpenguinz

Landlubber
I'm not sure if something like this already exists in game, but is it possible to create a chest somewhere like Bermuda which can be used to store all of your belongings in and never have to worry about them being lost from it?

I'm not sure if something like this already exists in game, but is it possible to create a chest somewhere like Bermuda which can be used to store all of your belongings in and never have to worry about them being lost from it?
There's a chest in your ship cabin. Not perfectly safe as I think you lose it's contents if your ship gets sunk, but easy to access. (you can enter your cabin in sailing mode)

Storing your items in the cabin chests is only safe as long as your the captain of the ship which means if you assign your ship to an officer and leave it in the port (for FD and COAS quest i guess), that damned bastard's gonna take em all.
But if you store em in the cannon deck chests which can be accessed through the cabin on your ship if it has one (I'm not sure cuz it looks like 6 and 7 rate ships don't have cannon decks). All your stuffs are perfectly safe there even when you assign your ship to your officer and leave it in the port.
Note: the loot stored in the cannon deck chests will be moved to the ones on the ship you're to swap if they both have cannon decks to access of course. So you don't have to swap ships many times just to transfer your stuffs from one to another.
Hope this helps!

Storing your items in the cabin chests is only safe as long as your the captain of the ship which means if you assign your ship to an officer and leave it in the port (for FD and COAS quest i guess), that damned bastard's gonna take em all.

If you swap ships the items move to your new ship. IMO there is no way to have items in a companion ship. I swap and berth ships like hell and never lost nothing. But I never have low loyalty officers, may be it is a loyalty trick.

But if you store em in the cannon deck chests which can be accessed through the cabin on your ship if it has one (I'm not sure cuz it looks like 6 and 7 rate ships don't have cannon decks). All your stuffs are perfectly safe there even when you assign your ship to your officer and leave it in the port.
Note: the loot stored in the cannon deck chests will be moved to the ones on the ship you're to swap if they both have cannon decks to access of course. So you don't have to swap ships many times just to transfer your stuffs from one to another.
Hope this helps!

Interesting. Need to check what happens with the cannon deck chests.

- o -

To the OP: The Death Shore chest keeps the items between shore/sea switches, I use it to store everything the skeletons have so I can make several runs to my ship without the items dissapearing. But I'm not sure how many time it will keep the goddies.

Cheers.
buho (A).

NOTE: I'm half way in a mod to save your belongings and your officers before going to COAS and etc, but GOF 1.2 is eating all my time.

Back