• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] Portuguese galleon Botafogo

JackSnow

Landlubber
"The São João Baptista (English: Saint John the Baptist), commonly known as the Botafogo, was a Portuguese galleon warship built in the 16th century, around 1534, considered the biggest and most powerful warship in the world at the time.
This ship could carry 366 bronze cannons, and had an artillery power of 1,000 tons. For this reason, it became known as Botafogo, meaning literally fire maker or spitfire in popular Portuguese." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botafogo_%28galleon%29 - http://www.causamerita.com/descob_emb_embl_i.htm

Although Portugal isnt a nation present in the Carabbean I whould realy like to sail with this ship(portuguese nostalgia I confess), so I humbly ask if anyone with the skills and will could make this ship and put it in Gof or CM mods(if it is even possible).

The amount of information about this ship is rather scarce so any additional intel I could find ill post here. Thanks

Attachments

• botafogo.jpg
    botafogo.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,826
Portugal is in PoTC.

I actualy never played PoTC and only recently started playing AoP2. But and when I played this game with CM v3 - GoF mods I became instantly a fan, I think you(modders) "grab" an average game and turn it into a addicting and overwelming experience, theirs a lot of talented modders here and Im looking forward to seing your future work.

PS- My english is rather "muddy" so my apologies for any misinterpretation.

Indeed I would love to see this ship as well. We do have the Portuguese galleon San Martin in game. I have always wanted to have the Santa Caterina do Monte Sanai modelled in game. I love Portuguese Carracks and I would love to see the Portuguese faction added to game as well.

Portuguese ships would have been common in the Carribean at the time travelling back and forth between Brazil and Portugal. The Brazil Companie was Portuagal's attempt at a model similar to the Dutch East/West India Company VOC/WIC. The Brazil Companie fleet was responsible for retaking northern Brazil from the Dutch after over 30 years of occupation. I am taking professional courses in 3d modelling. Maybe by next year I could model one of those beauties.

MK

Indeed I would love to see this ship as well. We do have the Portuguese galleon San Martin in game. I have always wanted to have the Santa Caterina do Monte Sanai modelled in game. I love Portuguese Carracks and I would love to see the Portuguese faction added to game as well.

Portuguese ships would have been common in the Carribean at the time travelling back and forth between Brazil and Portugal. The Brazil Companie was Portuagal's attempt at a model similar to the Dutch East/West India Company VOC/WIC. The Brazil Companie fleet was responsible for retaking northern Brazil from the Dutch after over 30 years of occupation. I am taking professional courses in 3d modelling. Maybe by next year I could model one of those beauties.

MK

Not to mention in terms of piracy, portuguese pirates were very active in the Carabbean (smell of spanish gold). This particular ship(Botafogo) problably was constructed specifically for destroy forts and has a landing platform for invading ports, this ship in a naval combact situation whould have a mobility of a dead duck, however Portugal was known to build the biggest and stronger ships at that time.

Back