• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] Possibility of a free camera

jokash

Sailor
So whats the possibility of implementing a free camera like in potc build mod. I recently tried that out and liked that feature very much

Probably VERY possible. Search the PotC PROGRAM file for "FREE_CAMERA", then find the same files in the CoAS PROGRAM file which probably contains similar code lines for you to change.

sry no logic there for me, i opened the locations_cameras text in program folder but i dont really have the skills to change to text into something meaningfull, now what i wanted to ask (or suggest) in the first place is, IS the free camera going to be implemented in the GOF 1.2

Is there any code like this in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AICameras.c?
Code:
void SeaCameras_Switch()
{
if (!bCanSwitchCameras || !bCameraOnMyShip) return; // KK

int bSwitch = false;
//Trace("Sea Camera Switch");
switch (SeaCameras.Camera)
{
case "SeaFreeCamera":
SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaShipCamera";
Crosshair.OutsideCamera = true;
PeopleOnShip.IsOnDeck = 0;
bSwitch = true;
break;
case "SeaShipCamera":
if (!LAi_IsDead(&Characters[GetMainCharacterIndex()]))
{
SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaDeckCamera";
// KK -->
if (GetCaracterShipCannonsType(GetMainCharacter()) != CANNON_TYPE_NONECANNON)
Crosshair.OutsideCamera = false;
else
// <-- KK
PeopleOnShip.IsOnDeck = 0; //Keemo
bSwitch = true;
}
break;
case "SeaDeckCamera":
switch (GetTargetPlatform())
{
case "xbox": SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaShipCamera"; break;
case "pc":
if(!FREE_CAMERA)	SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaShipCamera";
else				SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaFreeCamera";
break;
}
PeopleOnShip.IsOnDeck = 0;
bSwitch = true;
break;
}
if (bSwitch) SeaCameras_UpdateCamera();
}

Code:
void SeaCameras_Switch()
{
if (!bCanSwitchCameras) return;

int bSwitch = false;
switch (SeaCameras.Camera)
{
case "SeaFreeCamera":
Sailors.IsOnDeck = 0;
bSwitch = true;
break;
case "SeaShipCamera":
if (!LAi_IsDead(&Characters[nMainCharacterIndex]))
{
SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaDeckCamera";
Crosshair.OutsideCamera = false;
Sailors.IsOnDeck = 0;
bSwitch = true;
}
break;
case "SeaDeckCamera":
//SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaFreeCamera"; break;		// Debug : SeaFreeCamera, release : SeaShipCamera
// boal -->
if (locCameraEnableFree)
{
SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaFreeCamera";
}
// boal <--
Sailors.IsOnDeck = 0;
bSwitch = true;
break;
}
if (bSwitch) SeaCameras_UpdateCamera();
}

CoAS code of the same file.

That'll be easily adapted then. Just change to:
Code:
                        SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaFreeCamera"; break;           // Debug : SeaFreeCamera, release : SeaShipCamera
//SeaCameras.Camera = "SeaShipCamera";
For free camera at sea.

Then PROGRAM\Locations\locations_camera.c:
Code:
void locCameraInit()
{
locCameraEnableFree = FREE_CAMERA;
locCameraEnableSpecialMode = false;
//locCameraEnableFree = true;
locCameraCurMode = LOCCAMERA_FOLLOW;
}

What is the "free camera" exactly? :mm

When the camera is not locked on the players character or ship - but can be moved arround independantly of them.

I hope that makes sense. :?

If you look at PotC Build 14 - all the new loading screens are made from screen prints using the free camera.

:cheers

But this free camera need keys so one can move around I activated it once and wasn't able to move. So you must setup a keysetting for it too so it can work.

More precisely you need the ususal keys assin for the camera movement hope I was clear in what I mean *smiles*, this you must assign in the code if I'm correct since there's no way to do it in the game menu.

Also you need a new game to start otherwise it won't work... I guess. I wasn't able to use it anyway.

There is a Free Camera mode in CoAS - but it does not appear to be working. :yes

Activated by Pressing F11 - then Instalations button - then select Free Camera Button. ( see Image )

I think it should work the same as in PotC - by pressing tab key to cycle through selection - 1st Person View - 3rd Person View - Free Camera ( Free camera added to normal options by doing the above)

When Free Camera option selected I think you use the keys for player movement to move the camera arround while the player character stays stationary ( runs on the spot sometimes)

I can get my character to run on the spot - but can't get the camera to move. :modding

:shrug

When I press F11 in-game, nothing happens... Is this supposed to be happening?

You first have to enable the dubugwindow - see this post on how to do this --->> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13297-reanabling-cheats-aka-debugwindow-in-german-and-uk-version/page__view__findpost__p__320074

Once you have done this F11 will work . :yes

If all you want is to look at your character from different angles - hold control and move the mouse ( in normal game - F11 not required) - your character will stay stationary and the camera will move arround you.

:cheers

Back