• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] POTC sound mod, point of sail upgrade, sail emblem for GOF

zzkillzz2000

Powder Monkey
Hey guys! Hope i'm posting this one in the right section.
So the GOF mod is the best mod i've played so far but during the gameplay i think we should add some cool features as listed above. So here are my suggestions:

1./ About the POTC sound mod, it'd be cool if we could add the sound "hurra.wav" and "cannon_reload.wav" to the GOF mod cuz i think that the best part of the navy battles in POTC and plus the Mate voices mod ported from POTC mod for the next GOF 1.2 (i know buho already uploaded this one as it will be in GOF 1.2 along with the CIC mod, but it's quite annoying the sound duplicates if u double tap the W or S button. Hope buho can fix this in the next release!). As for the "hurra" sound, i know it plays the file in POTC every time you destroy enemy cannons or their masts, so i suggest we add it to GOF with one more feature that it plays the file when you land critical hit on their ships, besides the other two cases.

2./ In GOF 1.1 we can change the sail color at the pirate shipyard in Bermuda, and i think it's possible to add the ability to upgrade point of sail to the game too. It'll make the game much better ^^. And one last thing is the sail emblem mod. Maybe we can change the emblem of the sail in the ship interface menu just like in AOP 1 or add the ability to do that in Bermuda (it's your call). I know there's a mod including upgrade point of sail, change sail emblem and even sail color (in ship menu not Bermuda upgrade) uploaded by BNA but unfortunately it's only for CM 3.2. And since i'm not a coder nor modder so i can't add those feature to GOF.

Oh i almost forgot. Can you guys bring the Reinit button in the option menu back in GOF 1.2?. Cuz taking the whole new game to apply changes is really annoying without that button.

I really expect you guys take a look at my suggestions and add these cool features to the next GOF release. The game itself is the best and you guys just made it better.
Cheers!
PS: Hope my English is not that bad ^^!

- The problem with the multi-tapping of W and S keys and the mate voice is NOT going to be solved soon. COAS have no routines to detect if a specific sound is actually playing and introducing temporizations causes more trouble than what it solves. I'm not giving up for true, but I'm not be working on it for some time.

- The reinit is coming back in GOF 1.2. But it is not wizardry, regretabily. Some changes will still need a new game, others will need a reinit and still some others will need nothing. At this very moment GOF 1.2 itself doesn't need a new game, but apparently we'll be forced to add some fixes making the new game mandatory.

- I'll look at the posibility of adding new sounds. Not sure the "critical hit" is detectable at C-script level, but some big damages are, so adding some "hurras" is posible. BUT the new sounds needs to be toggleable: some people likes to have a lots of sounds, some other peoples dislike the game being too "soundy". Moreover, things like a masting falling down have their own sounds, the point is if players want the "natural" sounds being heard or a new "hurra" rendering them inaudible.

- Can't say nothing about the sails.

Cheers.
buho (A).

- The problem with the multi-tapping of W and S keys and the mate voice is NOT going to be solved soon. COAS have no routines to detect if a specific sound is actually playing and introducing temporizations causes more trouble than what it solves. I'm not giving up for true, but I'm not be working on it for some time.

- The reinit is coming back in GOF 1.2. But it is not wizardry, regretabily. Some changes will still need a new game, others will need a reinit and still some others will need nothing. At this very moment GOF 1.2 itself doesn't need a new game, but apparently we'll be forced to add some fixes making the new game mandatory.

- I'll look at the posibility of adding new sounds. Not sure the "critical hit" is detectable at C-script level, but some big damages are, so adding some "hurras" is posible. BUT the new sounds needs to be toggleable: some people likes to have a lots of sounds, some other peoples dislike the game being too "soundy". Moreover, things like a masting falling down have their own sounds, the point is if players want the "natural" sounds being heard or a new "hurra" rendering them inaudible.

- Can't say nothing about the sails.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Thanks for replying bro! Glad you took a look at my post. Guess i'll be waiting for your new release then.
God bless you all!

If we're voting for having in-game moddable sail emblems, then I vote yes, as I was thinking about suggesting that as well. If we can add a feature to color sails, I think it would be just as easy to have a feature to add emblems to sails, like you see on npc ships in vanilla, especially on dutch and pirate ships.

Back