• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] Removing/changing those nasty Rats

Zothen

Powder Monkey
Hello Mateys!

Can anybody give me a hint how to change or remove those nasty rats that eat stuff that cant be eaten outside of an MMO? I have no real clue where to look for the accountable code!

thanks for help!

If you don't already do the following.

Code:
1. open AoP 2 folder 
2. open engine.ini and set debugwindow = 0 to debugwindow = 1 
3. close and save the file then go into program folder 
4. open up _mod_on_off.h 
5. set betatestmode function to on (on means there Dev version of the game) 
6. close and save the file 
7. start a new Game 

Now if you hit F 11 during gameplay a windows is popping up that allows you for example to 
switch between GOD Mode. 

IMORTANT!!!!!! 
dont close the window by hitting the OK button. 
just choose your command and klick the skull to close the window. 
If you Hit OK you will be teleported directly to the City of Abandoned Ships!!!!!!!!!!! 
And this will all break up!!!!!!! Questline and so on!

After pushing F11 to open the debag window look at the bottom left corner and you will see a tab marked Install or something like that, hit that and you will have a page showing several boxes you can mark with ticks next to each of them. Click on the no rats and food box (first one i think) and then close the window and carry on playing the game. You won't have any more rats eating your cargo, and you will never have to buy food or rum again.:D

I think thats not exactly what I meant... turning them completely off is an option, but not if food/rum is turned off, too. It would rather be interesting to turn the rats a bit more .... realistic.. you know, without eating weapons, silver, powder... ;)

The only thing unrealistic about rats is thier ability to spoil things that are 100% metal.

Rats could most definitely spoil weapons as they chewed through anything... including the ship's hull! Destroy the stock and the weapon is useless. They could also chew through the wooden barrels holding the powder. Anything wood was susceptable to rat attack.

If anything, it is unrealistic to be rid of them. :)

there is a mod that gives you a totem. with this you have no problems with rats. http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14026-no-more-rats/

as well you can make this totem buyable. to do this you have to edit the utils.c in ...Age of Pirates 2\Program\scripts

insert in line 485: TakeNItems(ch,"indian11", 1);

now you should be able to buy this item at the merchants on the streets.

Rat god totems... holy.. why hasnt somebody mentioned that before... =)
Uhh... because generally ye kin earn them by finishin' certain quests? :shrug

At dis here point in Fred Bob's one and only game, he has him three o' dem puppies! :cheeky

Back