• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] Restore the surrender of the enemy

giocoso

Freebooter
With the imminence of the patch 1.2, I bring in the topical interest this problem, I believe to be important.
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17413-enemies-no-surrender/
In the mod GoF(1.1), ships enemy never surrender, not even in situation of your overwhelming superiority and with “leadership” to 100 and reputation “heroic”.
This - I believe - is ridiculous, unrealistic and annoying in the play (it is absurd to have to completely exterminate a little lugger or or barque when you're with a frigate full of 700 pirates...) and does not reward the progress achieved.
This also makes it impossible some operations, as the forced recruitment of amiable Bartolemew Sharp or others, and the capture of enemy crews.
I ask to be restored the setting of surrender of the vanilla game, perhaps changing (= less frequently...) the statistics.

Not to mention we have more game depth... you can hold the enemy cap for ramson or let the ship go to gain rep. Also you can skip the boarding sequence, doing always against a "dead " crew is pretty boring... you 250 men enemy 5 men... hehe.

So yeah I'm looking forward to the surrendering enemy... thanks guys.
:onya

Hey guys, i know this is kinda misleading a bit but is there any possible way to manually apply changes to the game when you don't have the "reinit" button without starting a new one? Cuz i tend to edit the ship_init file to apply some changes to some ships in the game (not the ones in my custody)
I'd appreciate your help if you could guide me out as reinit button is not coming back till GOF 1.2.
Thanks!

To tell the truth, the surrender of the ship is not necessary to capture Captain.
You can sink the ship with cannon, and after collecting the captain on the rescue boat.
Of course it is necessary that the enemy captain has the skill “Save on boat”, and this is unforeseeable :shrug

Hey guys, i know this is kinda misleading a bit but is there any possible way to manually apply changes to the game when you don't have the "reinit" button without starting a new one? Cuz i tend to edit the ship_init file to apply some changes to some ships in the game (not the ones in my custody)
I'd appreciate your help if you could guide me out as reinit button is not coming back till GOF 1.2.
Thanks!

In my opinion:

1) if you add/remove ships from the array or change the identifiers a new game start is needed
2) otherwise you can load your save and continue as normal (changes will affect only ships generated after the load, existent ships will not change).

The ships definition array is not reinitiable: you need a new game start or you need nothing.

But I'm not totally sure about "2", and the ships definition array is a key component, taking chances is unadvisable.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Thanks!

Does ANYONE have a reinit button? I sure don't.

The reinit button is coming back with GOF 1.2.

But as I remark every time I address the issue (and I'm going to contnue remarking every time etc) it is not wizardry: some changes will call for a new game start, button or not.

Cheers.
buho (A).

The reinit button is coming back with GOF 1.2.

But as I remark every time I address the issue (and I'm going to contnue remarking every time etc) it is not wizardry: some changes will call for a new game start, button or not.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Well yeah, I know it's not a fix-all. But it's better than a fix-none.

Well yeah, I know it's not a fix-all. But it's better than a fix-none.

Agreed.

But I don't want people believing that everything is going to be reinitiable and becoming dissapointed later.

The need for new game starts is truly annoying, false expectatives here can cause deep frustration to the unadvised player.

Cheers.
buho (A).

...it is necessary that the enemy captain has the skill “Save on boat”, and this is unforeseeable ...
:no :no :no
auto-correction:
The skill “Save on boat” is necessary only for your Officers "Companion", not for enemies Captains.
The enemies Captains, sunk, save on boat with criteria "random", also without the skill.
I captured twice Bartolomew Sharp, and he no had the skill...
You understand the enemy if you save just seeing the boat between the wrecks

Back