• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Required character dead

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
I might come across a bit mad here, so just a heads up :)

I'm on the quest "The Hunter", and at the pont where I need to talk to Emilio before setting off to La Tortue. Problem is, he got killed during a boarding with a Dutch ship, and well...that was a while before where I'm at now in my case. He was invincible before at some point, but then realised he wasn't anymore during the boarding when I put him up as officer. I don't know why he was made to be mortal again, as it seems stupid if I need him to continue the story. Even more annoying that I did not know I would need him later on. So, why no warning ingame beforehand? Or better yet, if possible, to make him invincible until he is no longer needed? How was I to know this would happen? It seems as if I have hit a dead end with this storyline. I know I would be wasting my time asking this following question, but is there any possible way to bring him back? Either through story code or whatever, as I would really love to continue on in any way possible. I thought of something which may seem the obvious thing to do, is delete the part of the quest code which requires me to talk to Emilio? Does anyone know if this will work?

If I can't do anything now, then that's a shame. I was enjoying the story so much as well :dance Again, if I seemed a bit mad, then forgive me :doff

Edit: about that idea of mine. I looked through the quest code, and realised that Emilio had parts to lay in later parts of the story as well. At this point I was wondering if delting Emilio required story sections would work, and if it would screw up the rest of the story in some way. Like accidently deleting triggers and actions for the quest/storyline to continue. I think this topic on the whole idea thing might run on a bit too long, so I'll probably stop this edit here. Probably won't work anyway :/

In both the Bartolomeu & Assassin Storys the officers and companions that are given to you by the quest are important & you should try to keep them alive ( sometimes they are made temporarily immortal if the story involves a big fight where it is very difficult for the player to protect them.) This is one of the challenges that is set for the player.

If you get into fights outside the story ( boarding random ships etc ) it is best not to have them as active officers. - as you have found out.

You can resurect Emilio by using the console file in the Program folder.

Open the console - you will see this

Code:
// Jerry-rigged console file.
//put code under ExecuteConsole() below.
//NK 04-08-28
// not needed I think extern void InitShips();
#include "SDK\LocatorWrite.c"
#include "Upgrade.c";
extern void InitItems();
extern void InitCannons();

void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

//	LAi_EnableReload();

// Give ship
// ------------------
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,SHIP_CURSED,"Black Pearl",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
/*
CursedShip = "Crimson Blood";

After the line

// LAi_EnableReload();

put this

SetOfficersIndex(PChar, -1, GetCharacterIndex("Emilio Soares"));

save the file.

Then start the game & load a Save from before you have to talk to Emilio - If you are starting The Hunter Quest try a save from before you sail to Sao Jorge, - then Press F12 to action the console.

Check your passengers to see if Emilio is now there & make him an active officer if he is not already.

:drunk

Maybe we should have him immortal all the time just to ensure the quest doesn't end up messed up?
The same is done with Danielle in the original storyline if I recall.

I tried putting that line of code directly below "// LAi_EnableReload();" in console.c, saved the file, loaded a save before I had to talk to thr govenor of Sao Jorge. (I was on my ship at this point, the envoy went and informed the govenor beforehand), pressed F12 and nothing happened. Have I done something wrong? Is the save too far in? Or is there something missing somewhere?

p.s. although with all due respect, it would have been nice if there was some hint within the story to keep Emilio alive. Like Emilio saying "try and keep me alive if you can" just once at least. At least then I would know to protect him until it is too late and I wasn't seeing his death affecting things.

You might have to use a slightly earlier save. When you exit the Sao Gorge town Hall after talking to the governor you should talk to Augusto Queiroz first then Emilio should walk up and talk to you.

When you Press F12 you should get a log message on the left of the screen saying Emilio will join you later and he should be on the Passenger screen - he should appear at the next change of location if he is an active officer on the passenger screen.

If he is not on the passenger screen then the console has not worked.

When you put the - SetOfficersIndex(PChar, -1, GetCharacterIndex("Emilio Soares")); in the console - did you put // in front of it like

// SetOfficersIndex(PChar, -1, GetCharacterIndex("Emilio Soares"));

if yes then - You should not have the // there as this tells the program to ignore the line if code. - so remove them.

Also the code should be as a new line - not following on the same line as // LAi_EnableReload();

I checked the code by starting the Bartolomeu story at the very beginning and using the console - it gave me Emilio as an Officer / Passenger ok.

I'm afraid I have only got a save before I inform the govenor. The console doesn't give me any "Emilio Soares" will join you later like you said, despite me putting in the code correctly and pressing F12. Nothing. I wonder why it doesn't work? Is it vital that I have a save before I first start the quest on Barbados though? Thanks again.

I dont know why it is not working :modding

Do you have any error logs - check item #5 in this post to enable error logging --- >>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

If yes can you attach them here

You could also try putting this :-

case "Falar_Soares":
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Emilio Soares"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Emilio Soares")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_55";
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Emilio Soares"), pchar, "", 2.0, 1.0);
break;

in the console after the

// LAi_EnableReload();

and pressing F12 to action after you have talked to the Governor but Before you exit the town hall - and see if that works.

( the code is taken from the quests_reaction.c )

:mm

:modding

Compile

Gauging: StartGauging
Gauging: starting init
Gauging: interface
==> BuildSettings: Sets to default
==> BuildSettings: New settings applied
Gauging: load build settings
Gauging: periods
Gauging: nations
Gauging: preprocessor
Init encounters complete.
Gauging: enc
Gauging: cann
Gauging: ships
Gauging: islands
Init weathers complete. 0 weathers found.
Gauging: weather
Gauging: perks
InitModels: Total number of models: 613
Gauging: models
InitSounds (English): created 59 entries.
InitMusic: created 43 entries.
InitGreetings: created 257 entries.
InitTalks: created 20 entries.
Gauging: Aliases
Gauging: sound
Gauging: goods
Gauging: Storylines
Gauging: Profiles
Gauging: initgame start
Gauging: createlayers
Gauging: stores
Gauging: sound
Gauging: delete sea env
Gauging: wdmap
Gauging: islands
Number of locations: 747
Gauging: locations
Gauging: dialogs
Gauging: teleport
bool CreateParticleEntity()
Gauging: particles
Items initialization complete. Loaded 635 items.
Gauging: items
Gauging: char
Gauging: quests
Gauging: sea ai groups
Gauging: questmapenc
Gauging: landenc
Gauging: towns
Gauging: load options
InitSounds (English): created 59 entries.
InitMusic: created 44 entries.
InitGreetings: created 257 entries.
InitTalks: created 20 entries.
Gauging: Aliases
Gauging: infoshow
Gauging: initgame done
Init character names complete.
Done loading
bool CreateParticleEntity()
!!! Reload to 661
** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 12, theHour = 12
ItemLogic: On load location ShipDeck6
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
SETTING MUSIC: music_spokplavanie
ItemLogic: On unload location
Whr_UpdateWeather finish weather update
PauseAllSounds
Bnd: 0, Vag: 1, Sk: 0, Mo: 0, Mu: 0
Officer's twin found!!!
ItemLogic: On load location Conceicao_port
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\bladeC10
PauseAllSounds
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 0
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=NL_TwoDecker47, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
FlagType==FLAG_PENNANT && n == SHIP_FLAG
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=NL_TwoDecker47, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=NL_TwoDecker47, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Blaze, ship.type=NL_TwoDecker47, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=7, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=8, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
FlagType==FLAG_ENSIGN && n == SHIP_PENNANT
CurrentFlag=9, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=10, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 1
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Enc_Officer_1, ship.type=FastCaravel, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Enc_Officer_1, ship.type=FastCaravel, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Enc_Officer_1, ship.type=FastCaravel, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Enc_Officer_1, ship.type=FastCaravel, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=7, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=8, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 2
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Enc_Officer_3, ship.type=WarGalleon3, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Enc_Officer_3, ship.type=WarGalleon3, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Enc_Officer_3, ship.type=WarGalleon3, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Enc_Officer_3, ship.type=WarGalleon3, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=7, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 3
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao1, ship.type=Sloop2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao1, ship.type=Sloop2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 4
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao2, ship.type=Galeoth1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao2, ship.type=Galeoth1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao2, ship.type=Galeoth1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao2, ship.type=Galeoth1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 5
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao3, ship.type=LuggerCT2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao3, ship.type=LuggerCT2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao3, ship.type=LuggerCT2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao3, ship.type=LuggerCT2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=7, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=8, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 6
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao4, ship.type=Yacht2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao4, ship.type=Yacht2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao4, ship.type=Yacht2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao4, ship.type=Yacht2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 7
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao5, ship.type=Caravel1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao5, ship.type=Caravel1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao5, ship.type=Caravel1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao5, ship.type=Caravel1, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, bShipWithoutPennants=0
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 8
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao6, ship.type=bermsloop163, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao6, ship.type=bermsloop163, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
SETTING MUSIC: music_gorod_2
locator_name = fakeReload lockedReloadLocator =
reload_cur_island_index = -1
reload_cur_location_index = 215
reload_island_index = -1
reload_location_index = 217
Start reload
PauseAllSounds
ReloadStartFade
ReloadEndFade
Bnd: 0, Vag: 0, Sk: 1, Mo: 0, Mu: 0
ItemLogic: On load location Conceicao_townhall
SETTING MUSIC: music_portugal_governor
locator_name = reload1 lockedReloadLocator =
reload_cur_location_index = 217
reload_island_index = -1
reload_location_index = 216
Start reload
PauseAllSounds
ReloadStartFade
ReloadEndFade
** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 12, theHour = 13
Bnd: 0.2000000, Vag: 0.8000000, Sk: 0, Mo: 0, Mu: 0
ItemLogic: On load location Conceicao_town
ItemLogic: Loaded model items\\Antidote
locator_name = fakeReload lockedReloadLocator =
reload_cur_location_index = 216
reload_island_index = -1
reload_location_index = 215
Start reload
PauseAllSounds
ReloadStartFade
ReloadEndFade
** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 13, theHour = 14
Bnd: 0, Vag: 1, Sk: 0, Mo: 0, Mu: 0
ItemLogic: On load location Conceicao_port
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\bladeC10
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=7, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=8, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=9, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=10, ShipFlagsQuantity=10, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 1
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=7, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=P
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 2
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=8, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 3
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao1, ship.type=Sloop2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao1, ship.type=Sloop2, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 4
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 5
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=7, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=8, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 6
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=E
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 7
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 8
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=CrConceicao6, ship.type=bermsloop163, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=CrConceicao6, ship.type=bermsloop163, nation=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=2, bShipWithoutPennants=0
Template <runto> -> timeout for chr.id = Serafino Masarenhas
Template <runto> -> teleport chr.id = Serafino Masarenhas to <reload : reload1>
System

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 180 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 115247140 ticks.
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 101) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 346986028? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 104) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 346986028
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 1) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 346973092
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 2) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 346973092
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 15) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 346991844? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 766) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 347190612? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 17) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 347255876
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 18) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 347255876
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 25) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 347265020
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 202) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 347307668? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 203) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 347307668? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 302) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 347333284
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 303) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 347333284
Bad rope length = 0.060584 for rope num 13
Bad rope length = 0.083746 for rope num 14
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 22) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 359628860? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 23) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 359628860? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 35) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 359762156? end pointer = 0
Can't load texture resource\textures\SHIPS\SIB_STUFF COPY.TGA.tx
Can't load texture resource\textures\SHIPS\BLACK.TGA.tx
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 360191860
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 360191860
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 361488676
Begin pointer = 360217172? end pointer = 0
Begin pointer = 360217172? end pointer = 0
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 360252900
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 360252900
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 5) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 361897460
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 4) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 361897460
Ship Boat doesn't have fire places
Island: vBoxCenter not equal, foam error: resource\foam\locations\town_Conceicao\port\Conceicao_port.ini, distance = 22.353
vBoxCenter = 0.936253,0.000000,51.599884
Island: vBoxSize not equal, foam error: resource\foam\locations\town_Conceicao\port\Conceicao_port.ini
vBoxSize = 73.228073,0.000000,56.224228
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 101) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 186118588? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 104) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 186118588
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 1) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 343117476
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 2) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 343117476
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 15) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 358833908? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 766) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 351157580? end pointer = 0
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 362741692
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 362741692
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 343257012
Begin pointer = 343552868? end pointer = 0
Begin pointer = 343552868? end pointer = 0
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 364795740
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 364795740
Bad rope length = 0.060584 for rope num 13
Bad rope length = 0.083746 for rope num 14
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 22) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 365019004? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 23) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 365019004? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 35) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 357590852? end pointer = 0
Can't load texture resource\textures\SHIPS\SIB_STUFF COPY.TGA.tx
Can't load texture resource\textures\SHIPS\BLACK.TGA.tx
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 361039476
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 361039476
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 364837044
Begin pointer = 360644660? end pointer = 0
Begin pointer = 360644660? end pointer = 0
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 346276460
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 346276460
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 5) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 360959532
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 4) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 360959532
Ship Boat doesn't have fire places
Island: vBoxCenter not equal, foam error: resource\foam\locations\town_Conceicao\port\Conceicao_port.ini, distance = 22.353
vBoxCenter = 0.936253,0.000000,51.599884
Island: vBoxSize not equal, foam error: resource\foam\locations\town_Conceicao\port\Conceicao_port.ini
vBoxSize = 73.228073,0.000000,56.224228
Unloading
System exit and cleanup:
Mem state: User memory: 228250 MSSystem: 160 Blocks: 10
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\compiler.cpp' line 1156, size 4096
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\compiler.cpp' line 364, size 109621
Leak: 'Bad memory address' line 0, size 122
Leak: 'Bad memory address' line 0, size 143
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\compiler.cpp' line 1156, size 4096
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\compiler.cpp' line 364, size 109621
Leak: 'Bad memory address' line 0, size 122
Error

RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range
RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range
COMPILE ERROR - file: console.c; line: 1
Undeclared identifier: pchar
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 802
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch
COMPILE ERROR - file: console.c; line: 1
Undeclared identifier: pchar
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1313
process event stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 115
process event stack error

Sorry I couldn't attach the files. I've hit this "global upload quota" and haven't learnt how to reduce my used amount or another way around it.

Luck shines on me today. The console works on my laptop, where I also have the game installed. So, I move the save over before I have to talk to Emilio to my laptop, activate the console, go through the part where I have to talk to emilio, make a few saves, then transfer those saves over to my desktop and play on from there. Surely this must work now? :dance

p.s. although with all due respect, it would have been nice if there was some hint within the story to keep Emilio alive. Like Emilio saying "try and keep me alive if you can" just once at least. At least then I would know to protect him until it is too late and I wasn't seeing his death affecting things.

Pirates! :trio Why would you expect honesty and fair play? :cheers Arr arr matey, arr arr. :p:

In Vietnam there was this one fellow going around saying "Arr arr matey arr arr. This was cool as long as you were behind him. Things could get exciting if you wound up in front of him and his M60.

Damnit, now that Augusto Queiroz didn't appear when I exited the townhall... :modding

good job I used that special trick to get Emilio back, as well using the code to get Augusto Queiroz as an officer so I could talk to him and continue things as normal. :doff I can do this with near enough any character in the story I presume? :sail

Anyway, I'm happy now that the console fortunately worked on my laptop so I could do it on here, then transfer the saves over to my desktop :urgh

Back