• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Resolution help!

dedecou

Landlubber
Well the config don't support all resolution, so i try in the engine to put screen_x = 1920 and screen_y = 1080 but when i start the game i is not at 1920x1080 it's 800x600.
Please can someone help me?
Thanks.
Sorry for my bad english i am not a native english speaker.

Read this topic: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16867-omg-it-worked-d-widescreen-aop2/page__p__383874__hl__%2Bresolution+%2Baicameras__fromsearch__1#entry383874

The short answer is that 1600x900 seems to work best for everyone. However, I have played with this a lot and even though it is not a supported resolution, I set my engine ini file to 1620x1200 and very much enjoy the looks on my widescreen.

MK

Read this topic: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16867-omg-it-worked-d-widescreen-aop2/page__p__383874__hl__%2Bresolution+%2Baicameras__fromsearch__1#entry383874

The short answer is that 1600x900 seems to work best for everyone. However, I have played with this a lot and even though it is not a supported resolution, I set my engine ini file to 1620x1200 and very much enjoy the looks on my widescreen.

MK
Thank you for the reply.
If i put 1600x1200 it don't the change the resolution, when i start the game it's still 800x600.

MK
Thank you for the reply.
If i put 1600x1200 it don't the change the resolution, when i start the game it's still 800x600.

Have you right clicked your main desktop screen, selected reolution, and the set it to your screen's maximum setting native or using the video card application? That is step one.

If that and the setting in the engine ini I gave you don't work, I don't know what else to tell you. I'm stumped. You must have a special monitor or something.

MK

it is in native resolution 1920x1080.And it don't work not even with the config work.Don't mater the resolution i chose in the config or engine ini.And i don't have a special monitor.
And i have gentlement of fortune installed ,maybe it's broke my game?
Thank you.

Have you checked your video card settings? Sometimes, (especially with the NVIDIA cards) they can be finicky. The resolution on the card needs to match and some have the option to select a gaming profile including what games you play. I've noticed the Medieval TW II and ETW settings work good for COAS. Also in your engine INI file you did make sure zero is entered in the fullscreen field, right? full_screen = 0

MK

Thank you again.
My video card if a amd.Well i uninstalled and then installed again.And with vanilla it work.But after i install gof again it stopped working.There any way to resolve this?
I want much to play coas with gof.

Lol, atleast you can play, I'm having trouble with the original game! It sucks not being able to play or able to play with a weird resolution... I feel ya mate...

Back