• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Return of the Obra Dinn

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I just happened to run across a new Indie game that has been in development since earlier this year, it is called "Return of the Obra Dinn". The game is being developed by a one man development team, Lucas Pope, who has participated in Ludum Dare in the past. I really like what I have seen so far! The game has and old school design and looks absolutely fantastic! There is a very early development build(0.0.4) that has just been released for public scrutiny and feedback.

The game is set in the year 1808 when a missing East Indiaman, the Obra Dinn, mysteriously drifts in to port with damaged sails and no one on board. She sat out from London in 1802 laden with over 200 tons of trade goods. Six months later she was declared lost at sea after missing her rondavous at the Cape of Good Hope. You play the role of an insurance adjuster for the East India Company's London Office. It is your job to find means to board the ship, recover the Crew Muster Roll book.

You can find out a bit more about the game, see some greet screen shots, and download the demo over at the official web site HERE, the authors game web page HERE, and Lucas Popes Twitter feed HERE!

Attachments

• Obra_Dinn.gif
    Obra_Dinn.gif
    529.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Yes, they are!

It is indeed! I absolutely love it! Reminds me of the old school games I grew up playing. Of course, these are much higher resolution, but the look is similar. The best part about those games is the graphics were just there to enhance your gameplay experience, they were not the focus of development, it was the story and gameplay that took center stage.

Although in this case, I think he put in quite a lot of effort to make the graphics look the way they do.

Back