• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Revamped Smuggling [3.3 compatible]

Very cool!

I see you didn't include this change yet:
Code:
if(!CheckCharacterItem(Pchar, idbook)) GiveItem2Character(sld, idbook); // PB: Prevent multiple instances of the same book
Do you want that added as well?
Yes, feel free to add it

Additionally, any luck on the Antigua "all goods are contraband" exception?
Right, will take a look at it today.

For your calculation, did you take into account that each qualitized weapon counts for 6 items? There must have been a reason for Jack Rackham increasing the numbers....? :confused:
I believe so yes

The file attached to your post is identical to the one already in my game? Did you upload the right one?
there should be a difference in row 538

That definitely makes sense! I like it. If you have the chance to include that for Beta 3.3 still, I don't think you'd hear me complaining. ;)
Even if it is a simple version where, if you arrive outside a break time and you do get caught despite having the schedule, then they will confiscate and change it.

Though indeed it would be more fun if there were ALWAYS a risk of this, also when randomly walking around towns.
On that subject, perhaps the guards should care more about you walking around their town if you are hostile to their nation.
Right now, if you managed to get into the town, nobody will challenge you. Only the shipyard/store may refuse to deal with you.
But never do you actually get attacked by the soldiers for being an enemy of the state. :facepalm
Will see what I can do after the fetch quest is done

This could potentially be annoying for players who like to smuggle a lot.

It will only be on that island, so you just need to pick another island.

I just checked, but the row 538 that I see only has a { in it. Could you please upload your copy of the file again, just to be sure? o_O

it gives the right version for me (we are talking about smuggling.c right?)
Only change
Code:
sisland.smuggling.patrolversion += 1;
to
Code:
sisland.smuggling.patrolversion = sti(sisland.smuggling.patrolversion) + 1;

I was talking about items_utilite.c . Indeed smuggling.c did have that change. :facepalm

item_utilite could indeed be the same. I didn't know for sure anymore if I changed something or not so included it anyways (it shows for me the last changed date was later then it used to be, but this is probally cause I added something and later removed it again cause I didn't need it in the end).

If possible, could the "Toss Item" button be set to ALWAYS be there, but only be grayed out for items where it should be unavailable?
The button appearing and disappearing as you scroll through the menu looks a bit odd.... :oops:

I also just noticed that the Toss button only removes single items. But what if you have a whole lot of items that you want to get rid of?
Would it be preferable if it would get rid of all at once? Or is that a situation that wouldn't generally occur?

Originally I was thinking of having multiple of the Coastguard Schedules.
But now that the CheckCharacterItem line is in there, you should never be able to get more than one of them anyway.

maybe later I will add a Toss All and a single toss, but for now I think this will suffice.

This items.c for INTERFACE should keep the toss button.

Here are some new files again.
This is what they do:
- Now show the date better in fetchquests.
- Prices for contraband from the shop now only show up in the tradebook if you have the perk to buy and sell these items
- Added prices for the smugglers on the island with the contraband (it also shows the date from when the price was last update).

Looking forward to feedback about this :).

Attachments

• NEW_FIXED_FETCH_AND_SMUGGLE.zip
    76 KB · Views: 155
Small changes:
- Little improvement to the patrolling schedule generation, it now has more randomisation in the breaks (which breaks are chosen).
- Added a little difficulty curve also, for higher difficutly there is a possebility theire wont be any pauses on the island
- If you smuggle at night the intensity of the moon has been taken into account now. Smuggling with new moon is profitable while smuggling with full moon wont help.

Place these two files in program

You like your moon phases, don't you? Well, I'll admit it; they're cool. :cheeky

Last edited:
On that subject:
Should that fetaure have an ENABLE_BROTHEL toggle around it?

I dont think so, its just a bit of funny dialog, I'd say there is worse in the stock game :p (girl won in card game anyone ... ). The part where you have to figure out how to trick the guard in giving you it without paying is a bit 'adult' but its not explicitly said and most will probally find out by accident and dont even know why he lets you or wont let you

Actually, I was thinking more about wooing the barmaid requiring an ENABLE_BROTHEL toggle.
Which in turn would mean you can't trick the guard if the brothel isn't on.

I have to look into the Brothel thing for the Assassin storyline as well.

Actually, I was thinking more about wooing the barmaid requiring an ENABLE_BROTHEL toggle.
Which in turn would mean you can't trick the guard if the brothel isn't on.

I have to look into the Brothel thing for the Assassin storyline as well.

This was in 3.2 already and even in stock potc. I haven't add the option, the only thing I did was adding the girl in there and add some dialog after you did it.
As it was in stock potc I guess we dont need a troggle right? And else still it would pass the disney cencor :p.
Still I'm trying to add another option by beating a card game for example, just need time to add it.

Yeah, we'll leave it as-is for now. That's simpler and simple = good. :cheeky

You like your moon phases, don't you? Well, I'll admit it; they're cool. :cheeky
And if we got them why not use them :p.
Still when I'm in the mood to do more with the cursed coins I wanna do something with it to.
And also the encounter rate of ships should increase on a full moon night copaired to a new moon night ;).

That said I think the new system is working really well.
I will try to improve a few more thigs this weekend.
This is what I have in mind:
- If you talk to the smuggler you can ask him to explain a little bit about smuggling
- There is a book "smuggling guide" (need a good name for it) which you can find and buy at places
- When you got stuff to smuggle and you talk to the smuggler you can also say to him to wait with making the deal because you first want to check out the location. There you can wait for a while to get the best time to smuggle (by observing the guards).

I think penalty of having a patrol book with you will be included in the next release (so after this one) and it will contain a sidequest :aar

Back