• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Revamped Smuggling [3.3 compatible]

@Pillat let me know if strange things happen, else we can implement this

Levis, is getting smuggler's handbook supposed to unlock a perk because if so it does not for me.

Nope it shouldn't unlock one. It's just a guide to smuggling.

There should be no weird effects; that's how it works for the other islands as well. :shrug

On my first smuggling adventure, the "Smuggling On" quest header remained after the actual quest was completed. This was the quest header that came up after talking to the soldier in the tavern about when the best time to have a picnic was. The quest worked well otherwise.
That is a bug report related to the questbook entries for smuggling.

I have also seen screenshots posted by Beta 3.4 and Beta 3.5 WIP players where the title of the smuggling quest said "Smuggling On" without the island name.

I know.
I hope some of my changes fixed this already but I'm still looking into it.
as you noticed still working a lot on smuggling to make it more interesting ;).

@Levis, I have just simplified this section of smuggling code:
Code:
void PlaceSmugglersOnShore(string LocationId)
{
   ref Smuggler, PChar;
   int RandCounter;

PChar = GetMainCharacter();

// PB: Rewritten -->
   for (int i = 0; i <= 3; i++)
   {
     Smuggler = CharacterFromID("Rand_Smug0" + i);
     LAi_SetCurHPMax(Smuggler);
     SetModelfromArray(Smuggler, GetModelIndex(GetRandomModelForTypeExSubCheck(1, "Smugglers", "man", PIRATE)));

LAi_SetWarriorTypeNoGroup(Smuggler);
     LAi_warrior_DialogEnable(Smuggler, true);
     LAi_warrior_SetStay(Smuggler, true);

LAi_group_MoveCharacter(Smuggler, "Smugglers");
     ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(Smuggler,LocationID,"Smugglers","Smuggler0" + i);
   }
   // PB: Rewritten <--

AddGeometryToLocation(LocationID, "smg");

LAi_group_SetRelation(PLAYER_GROUP, "Smugglers", LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL);
   LAi_group_SetRelation("CoastalGuards", "Smugglers", LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL);

PChar.quest.Rand_Smuggling.win_condition.l1 = "Timer";
   PChar.quest.Rand_Smuggling.win_condition.l1.date.day = GetAddingDataDay(0,0,3);
   PChar.quest.Rand_Smuggling.win_condition.l1.date.month = GetAddingDataMonth(0,0,3);
   PChar.quest.Rand_Smuggling.win_condition.l1.date.year = GetAddingDataYear(0,0,3);
   PChar.quest.Rand_Smuggling.win_condition = "Rand_Smuggling";
}
Seems to work. No more double code and it uses a random smuggler model from initModels.c now instead of using a pre-defined custom array.

However, a weird effect when testing this through this method:
Code:
  PlaceSmugglersOnShore("Redmond_Shore_02");
   DoQuestReloadToLocation("Redmond_Shore_02", "reload", "reload1" ,"_");
   PlaceFleetNearShore("Redmond_Shore_02");
I talk to the smugglers and they get angry straight away.
They start hacking in on me, but at the same time soldiers are generated who do NOT yet fight me.
So there I am with the soldier commander talking to me and these smugglers hacking into me.
I die in the middle of the conversation. :rofl

This might be because I used a bit of a nasty bypass of the normal system for testing purposes.
But it seemed like it might happen in real gameplay too if you have no smuggling items at all.
Something worth checking, perhaps?

If you have no items they normally can't be placed there so don't see a problem.

Changed it in my version now also. Will upload it soon so it can be tested

If you have no items they normally can't be placed there so don't see a problem.
What if for whatever reason the player gets rid of their contraband before they make it to the shore?
There is a "NoGoods" case that I suspect was triggered in this case. Seems like that one perhaps doesn't work entirely right?

Also, this isn't your code, is it?
Code:
pchar.quest.Contraband.relation = makeint(pchar.quest.Contraband.relation) - 10;
That sort-of looks like something that works similarly to what you recently added.
Have we now got two systems for the same thing? Is that unfinished stock game code? o_O

Think it's stock leftover yes.
Didn't notice it before.

And the NoGoods should trigger then yes. Might need to look into it more later.

Moved this topic again. Will make a new one to keep things more organised.

Back