• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Rework QAR Model

Wusaah

Landlubber
Hoi Mates

I found a few bugs with the rigging and a few differences between the oridginal stern and the ingame.

Sorry for my bad englisch :/

Love that mod!:)

Wusaah

If I remember right, all the PotC-Movie Ship models are heavily messed up and would require a lot of work to even make them editable again. Also, those minor differences aren't that bad, are they? :) Black Pearl and Dutchman also are not 100% accurate but, I think it is enough

No the Problems are not that Bad but i am a bit possesed with that ship... ^^
And that ist the only Game where i can sail it :)

So i am willing to do what ever I can to Support the modder or the Website even with donations if you need finacial support :) I am not a modder and i think that is the only way i can help.

It would be great to find someone to help me realize that.

I can understand you, as I love the Black Pearl and whenever I see her in the movies, I get a special glance in my eyes. I would basically do everything to sail her in real life, but thats another story :D . The Problem is, like I said before that those models are completely messed up, I guess @Armada can say more about that, since I asked about the Dutchman some time ago, too. So if you really want to rework it- you probably have to start by 0. And no Modeller here has time for that since all Modellers still active are working for HoO modelling. So if you don't have modelling skills yourself and know how to do it, I doubt anyone is willing to give up time for that, I am sorry

Hmm I can understand that. But if there is someone who could help me I will wait !:)

Thanks for the informations.

Even i someone could say me what exactly is messed up I would try to study your tutorials and try to fix it :)

What bugs are we talking here? Rigging? Textures? Or the model itself?

I always thought she looked quite fine....

There are two pictures of the rigging :)
Some textures are flickering but that is ok :)
On the side of the back are normaly little Windows.
And she normaly she had like covers for the cannons.

I know that are all small things and not realy important but i thought maybe some could help :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 207
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    965.5 KB · Views: 199
@Wusaah: I moved this thread as it isn't technically a Bug.

You can make screenshots using the PrintScreen button, then Paste in Paint.

The Problem is, like I said before that those models are completely messed up, I guess @Armada can say more about that, since I asked about the Dutchman some time ago, too.
Only the Dutchman model was broken, I think. We have the source files for both the Black Pearl and QAR (and possibly the Dutchman now, if I recall correctly).

There are two pictures of the rigging
The problem in your first image should be easy to fix by changing the coordinates of the rigging locators, which does not require any modelling.
However, the problem in your third image might be harder to fix. I think we had some issues with the sail on that mast before, so it would be better not to touch that.

And she normaly she had like covers for the cannons.
This was a stylistic choice by the person who modelled the ship to make it look a bit more different to the Black Pearl.

Is it possible to deactivate the sail ? They never used it in the movies and it looks closed better than with that bug :)

Thanks for your effort :)

You can get rid of sails by messing around with the locators in the TOOL.

Back