• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Rival Suitor

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
After beating the rival suitor, the assigned dialog for him is not initiated: seadogs2_0000.jpg
Just a small error but still, it decreases the game's quality.

Attachments

• compile.log
    275.4 KB · Views: 125
  • error.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 137
  • system.log
    51 KB · Views: 135
I did notice that, didn't think anything of it, you can still get married though.

Also why is this posted with the tag 'not a bug' :monkeydance I thought that's the whole meaning of an error in games :p

Changed to "Unconfirmed bug". Has anyone else come across this, or found a solution?

Have to admit I came across it and the error message... but thought the error message in itself was an error.... :facepalm didn't think there was anymore text lol!

Looks like there IS something going wrong in the code there. Does anyone have a savegame just PRIOR to that happening?
ZIP it up so it is nice and small and perhaps I can have a look at it.

Changed to "Confirmed Bug" until a fix is found.

Looks like there IS something going wrong in the code there. Does anyone have a savegame just PRIOR to that happening?
ZIP it up so it is nice and small and perhaps I can have a look at it.
Okay, I started a new game: The Buccaneer (JeanLaffite)
And as it turns out, the assigned dialog for the rival suitor is now present: seadogs2_0004.jpg
But, the error message is still showing though: seadogs2_0005.jpg
(But here's a save for it to be checked if it's doing any harm to the game's stability - just enter the hall and trigger the event) :beer:

Attachments

• .log Files.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 97
  • -=Player=- Jamaica. Kingston. Center.zip
    614.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Thanks for the files. I'm not sure when I can get round to checking this, but I've got them saved for reference.

Do you have anoher savegame cause this one doesn't trigger the event for me. Or do I need to do something else first?

Do you have anoher savegame cause this one doesn't trigger the event for me. Or do I need to do something else first?
Talk to governor first, then governor will introduce lady. Talk to lady after conversation with governor and trigger the event. - propose to lady and fight rival suitor.:cheeky

Okay this was a pain in the *** to find but found the problem.
Put this file in the Program folder (replace) and it should work :).

Attachments

• Dialog_func.c
    107.4 KB · Views: 153
Back