• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Rope and crew sounds in 3D sailing mode

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
I was wondering, since GoF2 has some pretty cool crew and rope sounds when sailin in 3D (crew yelling etc.), which makes a better atmosphere, could it be implemented in the New Horizons mod? I think it would be a nice feature if it's possible to achieve? I would gladly help if someone could give me some instructions or lines to edit :D

Probably possible. Step 1: Find the actual sound files that are being played.
Possibly use the "Windows Search" to find where those are referenced in GoF and how.

When exactly do you figure your crew should be shouting? Or just randomly all the time?

Probably possible. Step 1: Find the actual sound files that are being played.
Possibly use the "Windows Search" to find where those are referenced in GoF and how.

When exactly do you figure your crew should be shouting? Or just randomly all the time?

For me, it's good enough as it is in GoF. I wouldn't change anything. I will look for those sounds, and then I could upload them to dropbox and see with you guys if you think that's worth putting into new build...

I could find a similar sound of crew that could be constantly heard when sailing in 3D. It doesn't have to be a battle roar.

Ya after the 2 minute mark when the music calms down you can hear the ropes creaking and such better. That battle yelling stuff I just find annoying.

Back