• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rumours and lies

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
One of the good citizens of Tortuga told me an interesting story:
jacksparrow_rumour.jpg
But this is the "Jack Sparrow" storyline and there are no children missing from Bonaire. How do I go about changing the rumour to one about Sao Feng's bodyguards when you're playing this storyline?

How do I go about changing the rumour to one about Sao Feng's bodyguards when you're playing this storyline?
If I recall, the Standard storyline has a "Rumour_data.c" file in its main folder; perhaps you can make use of something like that?

How does the 'Rumour.loc' line work? In "Rumour_Data.c", some of them seem to refer to islands (e.g. 'Rumour.loc = "Oxbay";') and at least one refers to a nation ('Rumour.loc = "England";). Would 'Rumour.loc = "Pirate";' cause the rumour to appear only at all Pirate towns?

In any case, presumably putting 'SetRumourState("Children_start", false);' into "StartStoryline.c" would prevent the rumour about the children on Bonaire from appearing.

How does the 'Rumour.loc' line work? In "Rumour_Data.c", some of them seem to refer to islands (e.g. 'Rumour.loc = "Oxbay";') and at least one refers to a nation ('Rumour.loc = "England";). Would 'Rumour.loc = "Pirate";' cause the rumour to appear only at all Pirate towns?
Good question. I do vaguely recall looking at the related code once and, if I'm right, indeed it works both with island names, as well as nation names.
Which is obviously super confusing and not particularly clean coding.
But I do believe your assessment is correct. :yes

In any case, presumably putting 'SetRumourState("Children_start", false);' into "StartStoryline.c" would prevent the rumour about the children on Bonaire from appearing.
Sounds good! :onya

Back