• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Runtime Error, Engine.exe

Is your pirates folder in program files?
Do you have an anti-virus program which might block stuff?
Do you have User Account Controll enabled?
Are you on a admin account on the computer?

And still the error? Are you sure you have the latest EXE installer?
My own Beta 3.4 installation is dated on 20 January, not the 19th.
If I remember, there was an error with the original upload that I fixed the next day.

You may want to redownload the installer from the ModDB.
Alternatively, try this instead: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/

EDIT: You definitely should get the file attached here if you plan to stick with Beta 3.4:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-4-release.24486/

I got the .exe from moddb yesterday, if there was an error, it must still be there.

I'll give it another go. Thank you:napoleon

In that case, try the Beta 3.5 WIP version. I know that one installs results in a playable game version because I tested it a few days ago.
Unless.... Perhaps your MAIN archive is not right? But if that is the case, the Beta 3.5 installer will tell you.

Same error and no messages from the installer?
Do you indeed have the correct date in your Build Info.txt file now?
Can you upload your entire program code folder? I'd like to check which files are out of date.

Sorry, I deleted everything in a rage (I'm short on disc space) but all I had was what I downloaded from Moddb or from here. Well, I used a pirated version of the game because my cds are localized in Spanish and I didn't know how to change the language.

Sorry, I deleted everything in a rage (I'm short on disc space) but all I had was what I downloaded from Moddb or from here. Well, I used a pirated version of the game because my cds are localized in Spanish and I didn't know how to change the language.
If you do get the chance, please try again and upload that PROGRAM folder.
You have a different version of the base game, so you might get different results than me and that is something that I cannot test myself.
I could check what goes wrong and hopefully include the needed files in the next update to prevent further such problems.

The Spanish version should be working, I think. Though of course any version with turn English after installing the mod.
You can also try on an original English version. Let me know if you want to do that instead.

Oh, I figured the Spanish version would give some trouble with the mod, not just go default to English. That makes it less cumbersome to retry sometime.

I gave it another shot today with the 3.5 and it seems to be working. Huzzah!

Only thing I did different was pasting the mod installation files in the same directory where my game folder is before installing. The other times I kept them in my downloads folder.

Last edited:
@Home eructus: If you ever do get the chance, I'd appreciate if you can upload the PROGRAM folder that gave you the LanguageCloseFile error.
I'd like to make sure the installer isn't missing out on any files.

Hi
I just found your Mod of PotC, I loved this game in that era!
So I found the CDs and installed it, it ran fine. But patch has the same problem as the above users!!

What I've done:
1. Installed to C:\Games\Pirates of Caribbean
2. Downloaded both parts and installed with intel and ENB checked. (I have Intel Corei7 and Intel HD3000 Graphics)
3. After installation, when I run the game, I get Visual C++ runtime error.
4. Completely Removed the game and installed the patch with only default features (Main+Update). Same errors.
5. Removed Completely, Installed game and patch in Windows XP, Same errors again.

Logs:
error.log >
COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 146
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments

system.log >
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

System Specs:
Intel Corei7 CPU
Intel HD3000 Graphics
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Notes:
Build Version: Monday 19 January 2015 (downloaded from moddb.com on 31/7/2015)
Build 14 Beta 3.4
All visual C++ runtime libraries (redistributable packages) installed.
UAC turned off
Antivirus turned off
Game runs fine without patch so hardware shouldn't be the problem

:ahoy

Two things. Did you unzip the 7zip file? For some reason many people do and that is a big bad nono. The installer unzips it automatically.

Is the size of your B14_Beta3_full.7z 2,445,572kb?

Thanks for response!
No , I didn't extract, just installed as instructed!
And yes the file size is exactly 2,445,572kb !

Another Note: No compile.log for me!

A compile error on that should not happen as it was very well tested and many others do not have it. You can try downloading the installer again. If that does not work there is a Beta 3.5 WIP that does work for us that you can try, but it is a WIP for a reason as there are a lot of new features in it that still need testing. It is in Pieter's signature. I am using it now but it also needs a small zip file that is also in that first post or it will give errors.

Did you install directX when installing potc?
if you are using ENB did you install directX one version higher?

Installed 3.5 on top of 3.4 and still getting runtime error! But this time the error got past the sea.dll ! and the error log changed!

error.log >
COMPILE ERROR - file: Leveling.c; line: 9
define redefinition: SKILLS_UP_BONUS

system.log>
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

Did you install directX when installing potc?
if you are using ENB did you install directX one version higher?
The included directX with original game is too old to be installed on Windows 7 x64!
My directX version is 11 which I think is far more than the original game needs xD

Back