• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

runtime error

DjTodex

Landlubber
hello. I have a very big problem: when I start the game, appears an error: Microsoft visual c++ runtime library. runtime error. C:/program files/Bethesda softworks/Pirates of the Caribbean/ ENGINE.exe. abnormal program termination. pl zcan you halp me???? :bow :bow :bow

More information please :?

Have you changed any of the files yourself, there is a reason behind every tutorial saying MAKE A BACKUP just in case ;)

Runtime errors only happen when it is a very serious error and it sounds like your game won't even load... enabling error logging might tell us the problem though :yes

I Have 2 account: 1 for the games and 1 for my father. he use it to work so He tried to install "vista osx" but nothing. So when I loaded a saved game, the game stopped work. I loaded a restore point, but nothing, then I uninstalled the game and I re installed all the game, patches etc... so, now, when I start the game "microsoft visual c++ ......"

Did you install it into PROGRAM FILES?

If so change the install location to say My Documents (for some reason Vista hates editing Program Files folders)

If you do this make sure you extract the Build Mod to this folder and NOT in Pirates of the Caribbean/Pirates of the Caribbean ;)

so you think if I uninstall, re install in another folder the game and the builds in the same of the game, is all solved? :eek:k

I'm going off what I know about things I have read on the forum... Personally my operating system is XP and I am so glad about that as I have heard a lot of errors being caused for Vista only computers...

I do have a computer with Vista and I did need to change the game directory to edit the files so it is worth a try...

I'm going off what I know about things I have read on the forum... Personally my operating system is XP and I am so glad about that as I have heard a lot of errors being caused for Vista only computers...

I do have a computer with Vista and I did need to change the game directory to edit the files so it is worth a try...
thank you I'll try......
PS: I had very often these problem with build 12 &13....

Here's some pointers that may help:

Installation and Gameplay Tips:
- If you have a memory.mp file in your main game folder, remove it to improve game performance.
- If you have Windows Vista, DON'T install the game to Program Files; security measures tend to prevent the modpack from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead
- Check out the controls in buildinfo\Default Key Assignments.txt

The following are required for the Build 14 Alpha and are recommended for Build 13:
- INSTALL BUILD 13 FINAL
- Only start a new game if you have just started the game. If you were playing another game before, close the game first before starting a new game.
- Don't change any options while you have a game loaded.
- !!!SAVE OFTEN!!!

The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- Sometimes if you have Nero Burning ROM installed (get a "debugger" error message)
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

I have similar problems but i have Windows XP ....here is what happens : when i try to run the "ENGINE.exe" i get that error (Microsoft visual c++ runtime library. runtime error. C:/program files/Bethesda softworks/Pirates of the Caribbean/ ENGINE.exe. abnormal program termination.). I just installed the "Build 13" and tried to run just that mod but it happens the same error...here are my computer details: 512 MB RAM, 1.74 GHz , NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU....the normal POTC worked great but when i uninstalled it and installed Build 13, the Build 14 alpha 9, B14 alpha9.5 and the B14 alpha 9.5 patch 3. i get that error...sorry if I complicated the situation but i think you will understand...pls respond me as soon as possible :?

ok now it is working i just made some changes and now it is ok....i am interested now, i liked that Deviance Cheat Fix has someone fixed that for the Build 14 ?? if not, i will try it

There's a cheatmode included. From buildinfo\Default Key Assignments.txt:

================================
Cheats:
================================
These only work if ENABLE_CHEATMODE is on
at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h

Numpad 0 = Godmode
Numpad 1 = Officer 1 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 2 = Officer 2 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 3 = Officer 3 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 4 = Player Level-Up
Numpad 5 = Player Fake Level Up
Numpad 6 = + 100000 Gold and + 10000 Wealth
Numpad 7 = Cycle through reputations (increase/decrease reputation)
Numpad 9 = Trigger enemy attack (cheatmode not required)

You don't need to find THAT file; you need to find PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and
set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of it as per my previous post. :facepalm

hello i need help!!!
when i start the potc original game the game is started and when i click on newgame windows stop the Engine.Exe and he checking a solution .
I make the crack and i have windows 7 and the game is instal to program file
Help me to start the potc and how can i repair ???

I have a problem with potc : I reinstal potc in c:/games/bethe.... but he give me that error when i click on newgame. what i can do for repair this problem???

I have a problem : I reinstal potc in c:/games/bethesda softworks/pirates of the caribbean but he gave me error when I click on newgame .... what I can do for repair this problem.Help me for this problem !!!

Back