• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help 'Sail to' doesn't work properly

fiedore

The man who says crikey!
It started after two days of playing, I can only sail to forts, ports and shores don't show up in this menu. Is it a known issue? What can I do about it?

I would think the only reason forts would come up is if you were a pretty good distance away from the port. Though other than that I dont know much about your problem. :shrug

Are you playing with mods and if so which one(s)

Also have you edited any files?

And finally if you are playing with a mod, have you installed any other files, or edited any yourself?

First I installed CoAS, then the final mod + fix for it, played for a few days and noticed that bug when I was like level 15. I decided to revert back to stock CoAS, so I uninstalled the whole thing and installed it again, no mods or patches this time, yet the bug is still there. It's not about the distance, I can't do a 'sail to' to a port even when I'm right next to it. Should I do some registry cleaning or something?

Also, the installer says my game is in ver. 1.3.0, but the newest patch I found on the internet was 1.2.3 (hardcore patch or whatever) which was supposed to fix things like additional sailors appearing when coming onto a hidden pirate ship (when doing a mission for the governor) and choosing to fight on it. This still appears in my game so I wonder if it really is 1.3 or 1.0 in fact?

Thanks for your help.

No you have the latest offical patch installedc already then. I would say that you have some files some where that wasn't deleted, after uninstalling COAS the first time (when you had a mod installed) did you go to where the game was installed and make sure the folder age of pirates 2 wasn't there?

If you didn't check then that will most likley be why your having problems and means a fresh install of COAS but delete the folder and files that are left behind if any once the uninstaller has finished.

A tip, if you are going to install any mods, install COAS as normal. Create a new folder on your desktop or anywhere you like (i do it on the desktop for easier access) now call that folder what ever you like (mine is games). Now go to your install location for COAs and copy the folder age of pirates 2 and paste this into the new folder you created (in my case games) when thats finished creating the files and folders etc install your mods to that new folder leaving your main game directoy untouched forever (no need to ever reinstall the game again). If you get bored of the mod and want to delete it, then open your game folder (or what ever you called it) and select delet after right clicking on the folder age of pirates 2, what ever you do, never select uninstall as this could effect your game in the main directory. Deleting the folders is the safest way and will never effect the game files in the main directory.

I have decided to reinstall the game to a different directory than before and loaded my save and it works now.

Back